ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU law or UK law for non-EU citizen

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immigration1

EU law or UK law for non-EU citizen

Post by immigration1 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:53 pm

Hi

This lady is from China and she entered the UK on a fiance visa. She got married in the UK and her fiance visa is going to expire on 28th Sept 07. The husband is an Irish citizen and is retired in the UK. He has been living here for over 5 years. My question is does she need to make an application for FLR (M) on the basis of the marriage and/or an application for a Registration document (EU Residence Permit) on the basis of her EU national husband. He might also be able to apply for settlement on the basis of the 2006 Regs, I think...

Thanks

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:40 pm

If she is here on the Fiance Visa, she can still chose whichever route she wants to take if she applies before it expires- FLR(M) for the spouse visa or the EEA2 for the Residence Card.

Once it expires, EEA2 will be the only way.
Jabi

JAJ
Australia

Re: EU law or UK law for non-EU citizen

Post by JAJ » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:27 pm

immigration1 wrote:Hi

This lady is from China and she entered the UK on a fiance visa. She got married in the UK and her fiance visa is going to expire on 28th Sept 07. The husband is an Irish citizen and is retired in the UK. He has been living here for over 5 years. My question is does she need to make an application for FLR (M) on the basis of the marriage and/or an application for a Registration document (EU Residence Permit) on the basis of her EU national husband. He might also be able to apply for settlement on the basis of the 2006 Regs, I think...

Thanks
FLR(M) will be a quicker way to permanent resident status. Is the Irish husband willing to become a British citizen? If so, her time for naturalisation will be reduced.