ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

accommodation letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

1400 Years

accommodation letter

Post by 1400 Years » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:12 pm

i have been unsuccessfully looking for a post on this forum that talked about what to include in the accommodation letter/undertaking that a friend residing in UK takes for someone who needs to apply for entry clearance.

can anyone help?

OR

can anyone please suggest what exactly needs to be included in the letter?

thanks.

regards.

sally12345

Re: accommodation letter

Post by sally12345 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:45 pm

1400 Years wrote:i have been unsuccessfully looking for a post on this forum that talked about what to include in the accommodation letter/undertaking that a friend residing in UK takes for someone who needs to apply for entry clearance.

can anyone help?

OR

can anyone please suggest what exactly needs to be included in the letter?

thanks.

regards.

I am not too sure but you could take photos of the rooms, measure the rooms i.e bedroom dining area really just t say how big the house is room is.
if its her/his own house get the house vauled? and provide morgage and council tax bills.

talk about the house and how it's big and that you wont be cramped up etc. he this helps srry if I dnt!

Post by 1971 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:06 pm

Hi,

Just a letter stating that he has enough space to accomodate you.If possible, he could include his mortgage details,rent agreement,evidence proof of address. Confirm what kind of accomdation your friend has and what is the number of his family? If you are coming with your family,then it might be a bit tough for you to leave with your friend and his family is they have a room ensuite or 2 bedroom flat. But you can claim that as soon as you get into the UK, you will have to rent an apartment but you will only stay with your friend for 2 wks.

I hope this helps.
~1971.

1400 Years

Post by 1400 Years » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:54 pm

1971 thank you for your reply.

sally 12345, do not waste people's time; your answer is not anywhere near smart and clearly shows your comprehension level.
instead, do spend your time in trying to grow up.

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:40 pm

1400 Years wrote:1971 thank you for your reply.

sally 12345, do not waste people's time; your answer is not anywhere near smart and clearly shows your comprehension level.
How dare you I have reading and Writing problems! it just goes to show what kind of person you are I knew what I meant but was unable to express it, how you may have wanted it to be said.

If you look at the post agin I was saying the same sort of thing as the guy who in your eyes had more sense. How dare you be rude to me like that. I have to fight all my life to deal with my reading and writing issue's and you have made me feel like SHIT! what you are is a BULLY!

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:42 pm

sally12345 wrote:

How dare you I have reading and Writing problems! it just goes to show what kind of person you are I knew what I meant but was unable to express it, how you may have wanted it to be said.

If you look at the post agin I was saying the same sort of thing as the guy who in your eyes had more sense. How dare you be rude to me like that. I have to fight all my life to deal with my reading and writing issue's and you have made me feel like SHIT! what you are is a BULLY!
Dont ask for help and when people try you are damm right rude! God Bless.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:48 pm

sally12345 wrote:

HI sally if you are implying you have a disability, it certainly didn't show in your post. As for 1400's remark, just ignore him.

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:25 pm

SYH wrote:
sally12345 wrote:

HI sally if you are implying you have a disability, it certainly didn't show in your post. As for 1400's remark, just ignore him.
Thankyou I did get really down about it for a second but then not everyone is blessed with Respect. I justed wanted to help like, the rest of us and I got dissed. But as you say I will not even bat an eyelid over it anymore.

Thanks again.xxx

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:15 am

@1400,

Can you share your accomodation letter with me too.
I will be staying with my cousin brother who has a british passport and owns a house in London.

1400 Years

Post by 1400 Years » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:37 am

sally 12345, if you have a disability then please accept my apologies. your response seemed sarcastic - about taking photographs, taking dining room measurements etc.
but let's bury it right here.
thank you for your reply.

~J~, i haven't composed it. some time ago i read a post here in which someone had shared what he he'd had his friend include in the accommodation undertaking. wish we could find it. it was a good one.

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:15 am

Here you go guys....

Name xxxxxxxxx
Address xxxxxxxxx
London XXXX
Tel Home: +44 (0) xxxxxxxxx
Mobile: +44 (0) xxxxxxxxxx
Email Id: xxxx

Date: xxxxxxxxxxx

To,

The Immigration Officer,
British High Commission

Sub: Invitation for your name xxxxxx- Passport No xxxxx

Dear Sir / Madam,
This is to inform you that I would like to invite Mr. xxxx, a close friend of mine, who is applying for the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme. After he arrives in the UK, he will be staying with me, until he finds a suitable job and accommodation.
I have been working and staying in UK for the last XX years and I have been staying in a rented house at the above address, which is currently occupied by myself. I have no problems in accommodating him in my house. I have attached my council tax bill and tenancy agreement as a proof of residence and a copy of my driving license (you can include any other documents which shall be helpful). Please consider his case favourably.

I will be accommodating him until he gets a stable job. I would like to assure you that xxxxxx and I would not claim any public funds in this regard.
If you need any further details with regard to accommodation, please do not hesitate to call me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or email me at xxxxxxxx.

Yours Truly,

Name xxxxxxxxx
Tel Home: +44 (0) 888888888
Mobile: +44 (0) 8888888888
Email Id: xxxx

Enclosures:

Original Bank Statements for 6 months
Latest 3 months Pay Slips
Original Telephone bills
Council Tax Bill
Copy of Tenancy Agreement or House Registration Papers
Copy of Passport [where ever details are mentioned]
Utility Bills (Gas, Electricity & Water)

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:31 am

1400 Years wrote:sally 12345, if you have a disability then please accept my apologies. your response seemed sarcastic - about taking photographs, taking dining room measurements etc.
but let's bury it right here.
thank you for your reply.

~J~, i haven't composed it. some time ago i read a post here in which someone had shared what he he'd had his friend include in the accommodation undertaking. wish we could find it. it was a good one.
Thanks thats ok, I should have really stated that on my profile. Sorry. i wish you well though.

1400 Years

Post by 1400 Years » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:41 am

sally 12345, thank you for your wishes; wish you likewise.

saratbabu07, thanks for posting the letter!

... er ... any endorsement or attestation or rubber stamps of the the notary public required on the letter ... or will it just do on a plain paper signed by the friend?

every time i go to canada, my brother sends a declaration sealed and signed by his lawyers that he would accommodate me.

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:50 am

letter on a plain paper signed by your friend.

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:57 am

Thanks a lot Saratbabu!

I have around 1.5 lac savings in my bank account. My father is willin to give me 3.5 Lacs. as one shot DD. I intend to show a gift deed from father to daughter. with both our bank statements showing deduction and credit respectively. will this be enough?

Also, I plan to stay with my cousin brother in London. He has his own house and been livin in the UK for many years with his family. Holds a British Passport. What documents will i require from him as he owns a house?
apart from council tax, bank statements & payslips...

shaik
Newly Registered

Post by shaik » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:14 pm

Hi,

Senior members please help regarding my Query.

My cousine is studing in UK and he is staying in a rented flat. Can i get accomdation letter form him?
He can Provide me 1. Accomdation Letter
2. Tennency Agreement
3. Utility Bill
4. Passport Copy.
He can not able to provide the Counsil Tax and Bank statements, Because he is not working. Any how he is holding a student account in UK.

Does this will work out for EC? Can i opt for this?
Please some one let me know so that i can proceed.

Thanks,
Shaik