ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

canadian ban

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

detroitmichiganUS
Newly Registered

canadian ban

Post by detroitmichiganUS » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:32 pm

Hello there, I was wonderin if anyone can help me out with some info about canadian immigration laws, my story is real short. About 9 years ago I've got in Canada ,Halifax Nova Scotia without a viza, I had the right to claim political asylum on the boat , so I did , after that they let me free on the canadian soil, after 3 days I've left Canada , I am living in the US since. Now my question is .. for how long do I have a bar on my name or a posibile immigration warrant arrest against me ? Is there a way i can clear my immigration record in Canada ? so i 'll be admissibile for visit visa. Thank you

spark64
Newly Registered

Post by spark64 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:42 pm

Why do you think there is a ban on you? Anyway probably the best way is to call Immigration direct.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:23 pm

Which country are you a citizen of?

On what basis do you wish to enter Canada now? Immigrant, visitor, student .. etc. ?

Are you legally in the country you are in now?

Did Canada deny you asylum request and send you away?

Related: was your asylum claim legit &/or did Canada decide not to allow it? For what reasons, if so?

Did they issue a deportation order?

Did they issue you any ban? Any document telling you to get out/stay out?

From what I get, you have not done anything illegal. Or, nothing that got you into a Canadian court or with a conviction.

If immigration "invited" you to leave but did not actually detain and deport you, this should all be a fairly minor issue.

This thread probably has some good information for you to consider:

-> Canada forum -> Thinking about moving to canada
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=18679

the Admin