ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Annual leave payout considered as part of previous earnings?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

svassella
Newly Registered

Annual leave payout considered as part of previous earnings?

Post by svassella » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:29 am

Hi all,

With my current earnings I fall just short of being able to claim the maximum points for earning over 40,000 which I need to do in order to qualify. However I could be finishing my current job shortly and I will be paid out my remaining annual leave which is currently about 6 weeks and will come to a reasonable amount. With this extra money I will qualify for earning over 40000 for the 12 months I would claim. This money will be taxed and will also show on my payslips as gross income.

My concern is that the HSMP team might consider this a unusually high one-off payment and not count it in their calculations. Has anyone else had any experiences with this situation before?

Thanks in advance!

~J~

Re: Annual leave payout considered as part of previous earni

Post by ~J~ » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:25 am

svassella wrote:Hi all,

With my current earnings I fall just short of being able to claim the maximum points for earning over 40,000 which I need to do in order to qualify. However I could be finishing my current job shortly and I will be paid out my remaining annual leave which is currently about 6 weeks and will come to a reasonable amount. With this extra money I will qualify for earning over 40000 for the 12 months I would claim. This money will be taxed and will also show on my payslips as gross income.

My concern is that the HSMP team might consider this a unusually high one-off payment and not count it in their calculations. Has anyone else had any experiences with this situation before?

Thanks in advance!
as long as this shows in your payslips and corroborates with your IT it should be fine.

Constant

Re: Annual leave payout considered as part of previous earni

Post by Constant » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:39 am

As long as the gross and net shows on your payslip and the net corroborates with salary on your bank account then you are ok and good to go.

Anything else like it showing on a seperate letter and not payslip and bank account would be unacceptable.
"And even a college degree cannot be used to prove that he can read and write" President Lyndon Baines Johnson - 1965 We Shall Overcome speech.