ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply ILR with 3 years ICT plus 2 years Tier 2G?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

null1639
Indonesia

Can I apply ILR with 3 years ICT plus 2 years Tier 2G?

Post by null1639 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone can assist with any advice.

I started to work in London in 2011 under a 3 years Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer (ICT) visa.
I switched to Tier 2 General with a new company just before my ICT expired in May 2014.
At current, I am on Tier 2 General work permit valid until 2019.
I am a continuous residence, never spent no more than 180 days outside UK in any 12 months.

Understand that I can apply ILR after 5 years working and living in the UK.
The 5 years can include time in the UK on Tier 2 ICT if granted before 6 April 2010.
Mine was granted in 2011, unfortunately!

However, there is another line for requirement saying" The continuous residence includes time where you had a work permit granted because you were the subject of an Intra-Company Transfer" which I'm not too clear. I kinda hoping this can be my solution.

Any idea if I can apply for ILR with my conditions? Or is there any contact who can help to clarify?

Thank you in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Can I apply ILR with 3 years ICT plus 2 years Tier 2G?

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:25 pm

You were never a Work Permit holder.
You applied for Tier 2 (ICT) after 06-Apr-10.

Hence, in your case, time spent in the UK as Tier 2 (ICT) does not count towards eligibility for settlement.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!