ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Application - 1.50-1.53,2.4-2.5 ?!? (non-PR)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gomjaba

EEA Application - 1.50-1.53,2.4-2.5 ?!? (non-PR)

Post by Gomjaba » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:27 pm

This is mental (and probably why people apply for an EEA PR certificate first, but anyway, that is a different topic.

Is it just me or is it all repeating itself ?

Section 1.50 - 1.51 // needs your current employer
Section 1.53 // needs your employment history, including from / to and address
Section 2.4 // needs your basis of stay - e.g. worker / employment and yet again the details
Section 2.5 // if 2.4 is worker, you yet again give details, including from / to and address

Am I missing something or is this really that silly ?

Here an example what I entered - so please correct me if I am wrong - any comments are appreciated

1.50 Name of company
This Is Silly Ltd.

1.52 Address of company
Silly Road, SR1 1RS

1.53 Employment History
To: 01/01/2000
Employer Name: This Is Silly Ltd.
Employer Address: Silly Road, SR1 1RS

2.4 What basis in UK
Basis of Stay: Worker
Provide details: Employment (This Is Silly Ltd. - please see 1.53)

2.5 Please give details below
Name of employer: This is Silly Ltd.
Address of employer: Silly Road, SR1 1RS

Thankfully I can edit the PDF - otherwise God know how you can fit a full address in such tiny spaces, but yea - any comments are appreciated ...

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: EEA Application - 1.50-1.53,2.4-2.5 ?!? (non-PR)

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:48 pm

In your case it is straightforward, but it could be the multiple names in that fields, e.g. basis of stay marriage but also worked, etc.
So I wouldn't moan that much :) I would agree to members in this link that EEA folks have it easier than non-EEA route folks.

Besides, citizenship is a privilege not a right ( page 8 ), so you can choose to ignore AN and not become citizen if laws here seem silly to you.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:59 pm

fwd079 wrote:In your case it is straightforward, but it could be the multiple names in that fields, e.g. basis of stay marriage but also worked, etc.
So I wouldn't moan that much :) I would agree to members in this link that EEA folks have it easier than non-EEA route folks.

Besides, citizenship is a privilege not a right ( page 8 ), so you can choose to ignore AN and not become citizen if laws here seem silly to you.
Oh I agree - it is easier for us EEA people, not moaning really .. I am fully aware that the EEA route is extremely cheap in comparison and not really required - the worst thing that could happen to me if declined, is I lost £1000 - as long as I am working, nothing will change ... I am really just confused about the form and what to put in.

You mention "basis of stay = marriage" - I did stay because I got married, but I got married because I stayed lol ... Or something like that .... Plus I don't think marriage is part of exercising your treaty rights, is it ?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:07 pm

No it isn't part of that. But if you are married to British Citizen then you could apply under spouse route. But if you are being truthful of your basis of staying in UK and if it was different than just working, then showing your work history in relative part, then you can see how the form doesn't seem silly anymore.

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:12 pm

fwd079 wrote:No it isn't part of that. But if you are married to British Citizen then you could apply under spouse route. But if you are being truthful of your basis of staying in UK and if it was different than just working, then showing your work history in relative part, then you can see how the form doesn't seem silly anymore.
I am indeed married to a British and I see what you mean. I guess I could add marriage to the basis of stay as well for good measure.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:14 pm

Gomjaba wrote: I am indeed married to a British and I see what you mean. I guess I could add marriage to the basis of stay as well for good measure.
You could, if you meet other requirements, I would request also to book NCS and apply. Good luck.

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:21 pm

fwd079 wrote:
Gomjaba wrote: I am indeed married to a British and I see what you mean. I guess I could add marriage to the basis of stay as well for good measure.
You could, if you meet other requirements, I would request also to book NCS and apply. Good luck.
I do meet the other requirements, thanks. I arrived in the UK in 2007 and worked ever since. Only absence since are 11 days total (even less according to the SAR from the Border Agency). Just waiting for the SAR from the HMRC and Council (missing some P60 etc. )

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:21 pm

Good luck then. :)