ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Expired, Father is now British, what can i do

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bibti
Newly Registered

EEA4 Expired, Father is now British, what can i do

Post by bibti » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I just spoke to my father and he explained to me that he had his permanent residency in 2004 and that was what he used to apply for my EEA family permit in 2004, and also when I got my residency stamp in 2005. But in 2006 he became a British citizen.
Not knowing much about the immigrations, he didnt seek any advice about what my circumstance would be once he became naturalised.

So now from what have read so far in the blogs and UKBA website, I think am an overstayer. Am sure HO refuses 99% of any overstayers application.

I have my grandmother(in her 70's) who I lived with before i came to the UK in my country and also my mother. I have not been back to the country since I came in 2004 (age 14). Have establish a life for myself here which am accustomed to, people I love and call family, my new boyfriend, I just cant see myself back in my country of origin. Have spent too much money and time on my case for me to give in, am sure there are other ways to secure my status in this country.

(Finished secondary school here, went to college, went to Uni, got mad student loan). I wont give up till my last dime.

What can I do to get my residency in the UK now???

secret.simon

Re: EEA4 Expired, Father is now British, what can i do

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:13 pm

Which country is your father from? Likewise your mother?

How long was your EEA4 permit granted for in 2014?