ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR VISA - want to process divorce (UK or Pakistan)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

ILR VISA - want to process divorce (UK or Pakistan)

Post by bhatti_pk » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Dear Members,

I got married June 2014 in Pakistan, my wife got dependant visa on October 2014 and visited UK on February 2015 for entry in UK. She was here for 7 days and went back to Pakistan as she was studying there.

We both has realised that we are not compatible to each other and we have completely different personality so after continuous fights of around 1 year, we have decided to get separated, our families are also agreed on that.

I have got ILR July 2015 – recently

I want to process divorce; my questions are

01) I have an ILR now, do I need to process the divorce in Pakistan or in UK?
02) What document I need to arrange for divorce process so that if I will marry again, it would not be any problem to call my next wife.

Please help

bhatti

akan
BANNED

Re: ILR VISA - want to process divorce (UK or Pakistan)

Post by akan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:04 pm

You can process divorce anywhere, better if you do in Pakistan since your wife is residing there and signing of paperwork will be quicker and smoother. Once divorce done in Pakistan just submit Nadra divorce certificate to UKBA both in Pakistan and UK.

However make sure you dont get stuck in divorce because you wont be able to sponsor anyone until UKBA approves your divorce.

PM me if you wish to discuss personally.

MariaSteve
Newly Registered

Re: ILR VISA - want to process divorce (UK or Pakistan)

Post by MariaSteve » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:45 pm

Giving divorce - Not easy in England everything will split 50:50 :)

bhatti_pk wrote:Dear Members,

I got married June 2014 in Pakistan, my wife got dependant visa on October 2014 and visited UK on February 2015 for entry in UK. She was here for 7 days and went back to Pakistan as she was studying there.

We both has realised that we are not compatible to each other and we have completely different personality so after continuous fights of around 1 year, we have decided to get separated, our families are also agreed on that.

I have got ILR July 2015 – recently

I want to process divorce; my questions are

01) I have an ILR now, do I need to process the divorce in Pakistan or in UK?
02) What document I need to arrange for divorce process so that if I will marry again, it would not be any problem to call my next wife.

Please help

bhatti