ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Entry Clearance and Child's first British Passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ftse100

Spouse Entry Clearance and Child's first British Passport

Post by ftse100 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:06 am

Dear all,

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with my issue.

I am British and got married last year in Pakistan. Got our first baby last month. I applied for her passport from Pakistan on 06 July 2015. Now I am in process of making my wife's application for entry clearance. Could someone please tell if it's possible to apply for spouse entry clearance at a time when baby's passport application is in process? If we mention in the entry clearance application that we have a child whose passport application is under processing.

I mean with that small child can they consider issuing entry clearance no matter if it issued before the baby's passport and mother can travel alone?

I can wait until the baby's passport but it can save me a lot of things like English test, TB test and whole process of Payslips Bank Statements etc. etc. especially when I am applying under Category A and providing them past 7 months payslips. I started work just 7 months ago and have been away whole last year.

I am hoping someone could help me with some feedback.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Entry Clearance and Child's first British Passpor

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:22 am

ftse100 wrote:Could someone please tell if it's possible to apply for spouse entry clearance at a time when baby's passport application is in process?
Why not? Both are mutually exclusive issues.
ftse100 wrote: If we mention in the entry clearance application that we have a child whose passport application is under processing.
Why do you have to do that? Unless the child is applying as a dependant why is there a need to inform the ECO that you even have a (British citizen) child? But if you feel like doing so or if the form asks for such information (details of child(ren) not applying for entry clearance), do so ...

I am given to understand that it may take a lot of time for a British passport to be issued (4-6 months or more), so will the mother travel to UK without the child?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:14 am

Thanks Shushd for the Reply.

Well, If the entry clearance is issued and the requirement is to travel with 28 days then Yes the mother will travel alone but if there is no restrictions on travel date then she will wait until baby's passport arrive.

Entry Clearance application form also asks "Are you travelling you anyone"

If we say "YES" then it opens up a whole new box requiring the details of the person travelling like nationality, visa required etc. etc.
at a time when baby is not yet British.

I am confused If I said YES then it will be a whole new debate.

Regarding mentioning about the Child's passport application in additional information, it will make the ECO aware that we are not hiding no matter we gave the details of a child as dependent in the form and also we are not applying Entry clearance for our child (although the child is infant) and the child is not going live for long without a her mother if an entry clearance is issued to the mother.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:17 pm

There is no "requirement" to travel within 28 days but if one doesn't travel soon after the visa is issued, one may end up with having to apply for a 3rd extension to become eligible for settlement 5 years down the line.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:44 am

If the entry clearance spouse visa is issued for only 30 days then your spouse has 10 days from arriving in the UK to collect her BRP card which will be valid for 30 or 33 months.

Not sure if 33 month visas are still being issued from Pakistan for spouse/settlement visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:34 am

Thanks CR001 for the reply.

I hope they don't make this refuse by making silly excuse that a mother cannot leave such little baby and travel without it because we are hoping to get baby's passport in the meantime entry clearance is issued, if not then she will travel alone and get her passport stamped and return and travel with the baby once her passport is ready.

Is it any good if we mention in the additional information section that the child will be looked after by the grandparents because the mother and baby both live in joint family?