ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LR with long gap for part of study in europe

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jalinchan
BANNED

LR with long gap for part of study in europe

Post by jalinchan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Hi Seniors,

I will finish my 10 year in 18/01/2016. But i want to other European country for 370 days for part of my master study, however when i was out for 370 days i had UK student Visa but my scholarship provider has this sort of master program to complete my degree.

Guys do you think this sort of gap is viewer for study reason.

So can i hide this gap any way like if say i lost my old passport which has all 8 years entry clearance.

I am curious to know what are the options do i have ??

Thanks

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Re: LR with long gap for part of study in europe

Post by Princess of Ammi » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:16 pm

I am sure this forum is not designed to explore the methods as to how to deceive !!
thanks,

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:30 pm

UKVI are well aware of the old 'I've lost my passport' trick.

It's all on your immigration record anyway.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jalinchan
BANNED

Post by jalinchan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Dear Princess of Ammi
Thanks for your comments but rules are made to break not to follow always if government are deliberately trying to filter migrant even though our long term commitment.
Thanks for your comment.

jalinchan
BANNED

Post by jalinchan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:47 pm

Wanderer wrote:UKVI are well aware of the old 'I've lost my passport' trick.

It's all on your immigration record anyway.
Thanks Wanderer,

Yes you are right but when i ask to UKVI and SAR. They response me that they have only last 5 years of my travel history. And in SAR they also provide 5 year travel history.

As per eborder they start capturing travel data from 2005 but the data captured was not 100%. When i ask to SAR team they told me the same thing we have only last 5 years data of data.

So it is mystery what sort of information UKVI hold.

Does anyone have travel history request experience??

Thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:57 pm

jalinchan wrote:Dear Princess of Ammi
Thanks for your comments but rules are made to break not to follow always if government are deliberately trying to filter migrant even though our long term commitment.
Thanks for your comment.
I will not advocate this.

Don't be surprised when you are rejected.'They' know everything.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Rules are meant to be broken, it's true. But remember that that is a two-edged sword.

If you do not follow the rules, do not expect the UKV&I or the Home Office to either.

If you were to obtain your ILR by fraud, your subsequent citizenship would also be tainted by fraud. Fraud is the only ground to my knowledge under which the UK (and almost all other countries) can withdraw your citizenship, even if it were to make you stateless. Technically, they will not withdraw your citizenship, but a citizenship based on fraud will be judged to be null and void and never to have existed. So, for your entire life, you will live under the sceptre of your citizenship being withdrawn.

Even if you do not plan to take citizenship, ILR obtained by fraud can certainly be withdrawn at any time.

You mention that you visited another European country. You may be on their databases. It is not improbable for European countries to share data for security purposes on a regular basis. You could get caught out there, but that would not show up in the SAR. Your university would have shared your details with Department of Business, Innovations and Skills, but that would not show up on a Home Office SAR.

Remember, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Wait a few more years. When was this 370 days gap? if it was more than 5 years ago, wait a while and get the ILR and citizenship legally. It is not worth the lifelong stress.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:15 pm

Another thread where a poster suggests that border agencies within the EU may cooperate in sharing data.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 91084.html.

Also, be prepared for extra scrutiny and a far longer than normal wait of your ILR application if you "lose" 8 years worth of your passport stamps. That is almost the entire qualifying period.

jalinchan
BANNED

Post by jalinchan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:53 pm

secret.simon wrote:Rules are meant to be broken, it's true. But remember that that is a two-edged sword.

If you do not follow the rules, do not expect the UKV&I or the Home Office to either.

If you were to obtain your ILR by fraud, your subsequent citizenship would also be tainted by fraud. Fraud is the only ground to my knowledge under which the UK (and almost all other countries) can withdraw your citizenship, even if it were to make you stateless. Technically, they will not withdraw your citizenship, but a citizenship based on fraud will be judged to be null and void and never to have existed. So, for your entire life, you will live under the sceptre of your citizenship being withdrawn.

Even if you do not plan to take citizenship, ILR obtained by fraud can certainly be withdrawn at any time.

You mention that you visited another European country. You may be on their databases. It is not improbable for European countries to share data for security purposes on a regular basis. You could get caught out there, but that would not show up in the SAR. Your university would have shared your details with Department of Business, Innovations and Skills, but that would not show up on a Home Office SAR.

Remember, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Wait a few more years. When was this 370 days gap? if it was more than 5 years ago, wait a while and get the ILR and citizenship legally. It is not worth the lifelong stress.
Hi,
Definitely ILR or citizen by fraud means suicide.

What I mean was not lying about gap but saying same thing in covering letter to case worker that due to lost of old passport I don’t remember beginning 2 years travel history.

I have this option in my mind but this option may work only if I know what sort of travel information UKVI hold and up to how many years. So far I know 5 years from below FOI.

I can advice that the Home Office does retain some travel records for five years following a persons entry or exit to or from the UK. The data is sourced from the carrier and if necessary can be shared in line with the Data Protection Act.

Hi Simon I had gap of 370days after 9 months of stay in UK.

What do you think guys??

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:11 pm

jalinchan wrote:What I mean was not lying about gap but saying same thing in covering letter to case worker that due to lost of old passport I don’t remember beginning 2 years travel history.
If you intentionally "lose" your passport for the purpose of the application, in spite of knowing its whereabouts, it is fraud.
jalinchan wrote:I had gap of 370days after 9 months of stay in UK.
That would suggest that you should be clear of the 370 days break in September 2017. Can you stretch your current leave to remain that far? If you can, I would suggest applying then

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:36 pm

Didn't you visit the UK (within six months of each absence) at all within those 370 days?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jalinchan
BANNED

Post by jalinchan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:33 am

secret.simon wrote:
jalinchan wrote:What I mean was not lying about gap but saying same thing in covering letter to case worker that due to lost of old passport I don’t remember beginning 2 years travel history.
If you intentionally "lose" your passport for the purpose of the application, in spite of knowing its whereabouts, it is fraud.

Well if i say lost means it will not exist in this planet.
jalinchan wrote:I had gap of 370days after 9 months of stay in UK.
That would suggest that you should be clear of the 370 days break in September 2017. Can you stretch your current leave to remain that far? If you can, I would suggest applying then
Yes I can extend my visa to cover 370 days plus 9 month.

However my original question was does UKBA has 10 years of travel history data?

jalinchan
BANNED

Post by jalinchan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:38 am

vinny wrote:Didn't you visit the UK (within six months of each absence) at all within those 370 days?
Unfortunately NO. I was not aware of such issue that time otherwise I defiantly visit UK because I had valid visa to visit UK.