ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank account switch in 90-day rule

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

confusedm
Newly Registered

Bank account switch in 90-day rule

Post by confusedm » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:50 pm

I currently have funds to cover maintenance in one savings account and will be applying in September. However I have been planning to switch banks prior to leaving. To do this I'd need to transfer all my funds (including the maintenance funds in my savings account) to my new bank.

My question is: assuming the funds are transferred instantaneously (the day they're withdrawn from one account is the same day they're deposited in another) would this be fine to cover the 90-day period for maintenance? Or do they need to be in one account for the 90 days?

Thanks!

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Re: Bank account switch in 90-day rule

Post by Shah1698 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:02 pm

They must be in one account for minimum 90 days. I suggest do not transfer to your new account. You can do that after you getting the visa.

You can also show funds from multiple bank accounts but all must show that the funds available for at least 90 days at time of application date and till the decision is made.
Shah

confusedm
Newly Registered

Re: Bank account switch in 90-day rule

Post by confusedm » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:23 am

Thanks Shah!