ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance for Tier 2 general visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pillaipraveen
Newly Registered

Maintenance for Tier 2 general visa extension

Post by pillaipraveen » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:28 pm

Hi,

My employer told that there's no need to support my maintenance for my Tier 2 (General) visa extension. I had a look at the Tier 2 policy guidance and point 168 on Page 42 says that to obtain 10 points towards maintenance any one of the 3 conditions need to be satisfied. Since the first one "you currently have entry clearance" is true, do I need to either show my bank statements for approximately ~3000 (2 adults and 1 infant) when I submit my visa application or get maintenance certified by my sponsor. Few details of my visa and plan for extension is provided below.

Current contract valid until 31 December 2015
Visa expires on 26 January 2016
CoS for extension with the same employer for a Tier 2 visa planned for September 2015 valid until August 2018
Planning to submit our visa application (2 adults and one infant) during the 1st week of October.

Thank you very much for your/anyone's advice in advance.
Kind Regards,

Praveen.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance for Tier 2 general visa extension

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:49 pm

For extension with the same employer and with the same SOC code, maintenance proof is not required.

pillaipraveen
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenance for Tier 2 general visa extension

Post by pillaipraveen » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:09 am

Thank you very much. Praveen.