ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunilrana80

Spouse visa extension

Post by Sunilrana80 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:06 pm

I have an query....i have unfortunately not received any response this time. I would really appreciate your help.
- my wife arrived in UK July 2011 as a dependent on tier 1 gen.
- I got ILR in Oct 2012 and had to change the dependent visa for my wife via FLR (M)... she got 30 months visa extension (until oct 2015)...
- I received my British passport March 2015 and I would like to apply for ILR for my wife but I'm slightly confused with this "new" July 2012 rule... questions are
a) Do I need to apply for further 30 month extension?
b) Could I still apply for ILR straight via SET (M)?

Your guidance would be very much appreciated...

Hass.1
Newly Registered

Re: ILR for depndants

Post by Hass.1 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:25 pm

Sunilrana80 wrote:I have an query....i have unfortunately not received any response this time. I would really appreciate your help.
- I got ILR in Oct 2012 and had to change the dependent visa for my wife via FLR (M)... she got 30 months visa extension (until oct 2015)...
- I received my British passport March 2015 and I would like to apply for ILR for my wife but I'm slightly confused with this "new" July 2012 rule... questions are

Hi
Sorry for the delay
I think the answer will be that they need five years (two thirty months visa) in addition to the financial requirements.
it is always worth rechecking this information (you can start a new post on this forum and then the moderators will check on it and direct you as necessary

vinny

Re: ILR for depndants

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:14 am

Sunilrana80 wrote:I have an query....i have unfortunately not received any response this time. I would really appreciate your help.

a) No.
b) Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.