ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS surcharge refund

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mzraxal
Newly Registered

NHS surcharge refund

Post by mzraxal » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:00 pm

I have been refunded my NHS Surcharge back into my back account, but have not received any email or reason why....Does anyone know why this should happen....I have been advised to pay again or should I wait?...Also the new rules state I cant pay online anymore.

Submitted my documents 1 month ago in Lahore, Pakistan.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: NHS surcharge refund

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:00 pm

Unfortunately, it may mean your visa application has been refused. What category of visa are you applying for?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mzraxal
Newly Registered

Post by mzraxal » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:17 pm

Spousal visa - I don't think it can be refused as case is too strong....and no emails been received i reckon there's a glich somewhere in the system... my issue is how to pay again or should I just wait.... :shock:

Az7980
Pakistan

Post by Az7980 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:28 pm

Casa wrote:Unfortunately, it may mean your visa application has been refused. What category of visa are you applying for?
when does one normally receive such an email if there application has been refused? I heard back from the ukvi today saying my "application has been processed and a decision has been made." but i havent heard from the BHC so if it has been refused should i have heard by now via the refund mail?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:25 pm

when does one normally receive such an email if there application has been refused?
Never by email.
i havent heard from the BHC so if it has been refused should i have heard by now via the refund mail
No, they never tell you the outcome of your application by email or refund process. The outcome of the application will only be known when the documents are collected from the application centre and if it has been refused, the letter will be with the documents stating the reasons for refusal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Az7980
Pakistan

Post by Az7980 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
when does one normally receive such an email if there application has been refused?
Never by email.
i havent heard from the BHC so if it has been refused should i have heard by now via the refund mail
No, they never tell you the outcome of your application by email or refund process. The outcome of the application will only be known when the documents are collected from the application centre and if it has been refused, the letter will be with the documents stating the reasons for refusal.
But recently people have received refund mail with and sometimes before the processed email and their applications have been refused. Smoke without a fire?

Round_Table
Newly Registered

Post by Round_Table » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:57 am

mzraxal wrote:I have been refunded my NHS Surcharge back into my back account, but have not received any email or reason why....Does anyone know why this should happen....I have been advised to pay again or should I wait?...Also the new rules state I cant pay online anymore.

Submitted my documents 1 month ago in Lahore, Pakistan.
mzraxal, I'm in the same situation as you. Could I have an update on what's happened with your application. I was refunded the NHS surcharge on the 24/09/15 and its the 9/10/15 now and I haven't heard back from them. I did enquire by email and I was told that a decision has been made and I will be informed in the coming days. I'm really confused as I've been reading on forums and on the UK gov website about rejected application and refunding of the surcharge. And I'm very surprised they managed to find something. To my knowledge my application was very strong. And insha'allah your application will turn out in your favour.

asif_sharif
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by asif_sharif » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:35 pm

i had this happen to me REFUND mean application has been refused you partner will informed once they have returned to the VAC :cry: :(

sorry people
married 21/02/2014
21/04/15 DOCUMENTS submitted
22/04/15 reaches BHC islamabad
REFUSED 10/07/2015
appeal 31/07/2015
payment 14th August
review deadline 24th December 2015
COURT DATE 18TH JANUARY 2017
entry allowed
wife arriving 29th April 2017

mrdhanjal
Newly Registered

Post by mrdhanjal » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:02 pm

hello every one I am in the same kinda situation my nhs has been refunded i dont know why but i have not recived any through post yet . can you please tell me what was the out come when that happend to your application /

adealerking

Post by adealerking » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:12 pm

A simple refusal
No doubt
If they don't want your 600 quid
Theyre not giving you visa
= here is some of your monies and we're not letting you in another words BORDER CONTROL
Sick of this country

Shaekakarim
India

Post by Shaekakarim » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Hii everyone

I applied for my t1 entrepreneur extension with my 2 dependant on 28 August'15. B4 applying when I went online to pay health surcharge there were no option for entrepreneur extension . It was only tier 1 entrepreneur . When I went through that they charge me £1800 which I could assume is charge for 3yrs. Later on I did my biometric done on 16th September. And end of the month when I checked my bank statement I found they've refund my £600.but after that no response from home office still now. Can anyone suggest what should I do now. I saw in ukvi web that u get partial refund when ur visa is granted but not for the maximum duration of the visa. Entrepreneur maximum duration is 3 years nd later 2 years. I don't know what to do. It's been 3.5 months I've got my refund. Pls suggest me what to do.

shoaib1
Newly Registered

Post by shoaib1 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:22 am

Hi My wife applied for a spouse visa, we had a incomplete online application, and created another online application which was the one used for completion of application.
when she made payment for IHS the server somehow took payment for the incomplete application. and she had to pay again for the complete one which has been submitted.
ukvis sent a email address to contact for refund of IHS. and she has sent them a request for refund. but there has been no reply to the email.
is there any number we can contact IHS.

application was in Islamabad for settlement visa.
when the payment was made it said "you have to pay the visa application fee within 14 days, or the application will be cancelled".
does that mean the refund will be automatic?
the complete application has been submitted with IHS and VISA FEE.

Hayat19
Newly Registered

Post by Hayat19 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi All
i am on tier 1(graduate entrepreneur ) and have 9 months visa left,i applied for my wife visa and its just 2 weeks now but i got ihs refund in my account but application is still in process as that time they asked to pay online £200 and my case was very strong and straight forward,as m confused now if its refusal they normally refund in 90 days but its even before i received any decision,any one have any other opinion about this?
your advice will really be appreciated,
Regards,
Hayat