ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much is your lawyer charging you??

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Danlieb

How much is your lawyer charging you??

Post by Danlieb » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:06 am

Hi there,

I'm new so I don't know whether this topic has been discussed before or whether it is even appropriate. Moderators, please feel free to delete if this is the case.

I saw an immigration solicitor recently and he is charging me £750 to get my EEA(PR) form in order. Mine is a pretty straightforward case. EEA and non-EEA spouse married and living together for 5 years before coming to the UK. EEA national has not claimed benefits and has been working for most of the 5-year period being considered for PR.

Is this a reasonable fee for such a service?

I'd love to hear from people who have been in similar circumstances and have chosen to employ a solicitor to do the PR application on their behalf.

maxmelion

Re: How much is your lawyer charging you??

Post by maxmelion » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:36 am

Danlieb wrote:Hi there,

I'm new so I don't know whether this topic has been discussed before or whether it is even appropriate. Moderators, please feel free to delete if this is the case.

I saw an immigration solicitor recently and he is charging me £750 to get my EEA(PR) form in order. Mine is a pretty straightforward case. EEA and non-EEA spouse married and living together for 5 years before coming to the UK. EEA national has not claimed benefits and has been working for most of the 5-year period being considered for PR.

Is this a reasonable fee for such a service?5

I'd love to hear from people who have been in similar circumstances and have chosen to employ a solicitor to do the PR application on their behalf.
£750 for pr not so much , my best freind has paid £600 a last month nd we dont know outcome yet , my solicieter asked me for £900
Pr is so much work for solicieter

boloney

Post by boloney » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:56 am

Why would you pay so much for something that you can do yourself?

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:29 pm

boloney wrote:Why would you pay so much for something that you can do yourself?
Absolutely in my view you save the lawyers until after a rejection.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:44 pm

Dirk wrote:
boloney wrote:Why would you pay so much for something that you can do yourself?
Absolutely in my view you save the lawyers until after a rejection.
Definitely. It's so easy to apply as long as you have been diligent about collecting your paperwork, e.g. proof of address etc.