ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Advice on Tier 2 Visa Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saruche
Newly Registered

Please Advice on Tier 2 Visa Extension

Post by saruche » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi,

I will be applying from within UK to extend my Tier 2 General visa. I will be with the same employer but my job title will change from Teaching Fellow to Lecturer. Salary will be £39K per annum.

Also my new contract is indefinite i.e. permanent. I have already been with my employer since September 2012 on Tier 2 General. I extended my visa annually as I was on temporary yearly contract. My current visa expires 14th Sept 2015.

My questions are as under:
1. Which tier 2 category I should apply for? Will it be unto 3 years or more than 3 years? I am confused as on UKBA weskits it says max duration for Tier 2 is 5 and I already had Tier 2 for 3 years.

2. How do I calculate my Health surcharge as it will be indefinite/permanent contract? Should I ask employer to issue CoS for 2 years?

3. Do I have to pay health Surcharge as I am in the UK already and will be paying NI and TAX? The UKBA website is quite confusing on this.

Please note my employer is the same but my Job title changes.

Many thanks for help and advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please Advice on Tier 2 Visa Extension

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:45 pm

1. Two years after which you will qualify for ILR.

2. Health surcharge is £200 per year so will be £400 for a two year extension. Surcharge not applicable for ILR applicants (when you get to that point). You will need a COS to cover two years, which will bring you to the 5 year requirement for ILR. A COS cannot be issued for 'indefinitely/permanet'.

3. Yes, as a Tier 2 General applicant, you are not exempt and will have to pay the surcharge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:53 pm

Will your job responsibilities change, along with your job title, thereby changing your SOC code? If yes, then the employer will have do RLMT test before issuing you a CoS.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

saruche
Newly Registered

Post by saruche » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:15 am

Thank you CR001 and Sushdmehta for your detailed reply.

Regarding RLMT the job was advertised for approx a month and I was interview along with several other candidates. does this fulfil the requirements for RLMT?

Best wishes and many thanks once again.

nasmc92
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nasmc92 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:42 pm

i you are chaging job title but lies with the same SOC as per your last leave .

1. apply as T2 extension upto 3 years

2. ask your sponsor to issue you 3 years COS. Pay IHS surcharge 600 pounds. the 6 year tenure will give all the time to prepare for your ILR application once you had your lawfull 5 years in UK

3. you have to pay IHS surcharge