ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Collecting the documents through Courier DHL - Stop Service

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Siva
Newly Registered

Collecting the documents through Courier DHL - Stop Service

Post by Siva » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:45 am

Hi Friends,

Recently I had called up the DHL UK Office, just to know about the Collection of the Documents and how much charge they are going to ask for it.

I have not applied yet. I am going to apply the HSMP from Chennai Address.

I was having the doubt that what could be the charge and how can we make the things easily. When I called up (Sep 15 2007), they told me that they have recently stopped the process of collection from HOME
Office-Sheffield. They were telling me that in the Sheffield Office, they are making lot of delay to hand over the documents to DHL people. So the people from DHL office, deny to go and collect the documents.

Do you people arragange for the collection recently? Any idea about it.
Right now, I am in UK, but I am going to apply only from Chennai very soon.

Can you people suggest me that whether to stick on with DHL or to approach any better courier people? If so, please help me to share your knowledge on this.

Siva

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:37 pm

Try www.aramex.com instead. they delivered my documents back without any signature from shipper side (which is biggest hurdle to book any courier) and without any charges for shipper. I paid them at the time of collection of my documents.

nsm2010

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:11 pm

I've used Citipak and Citysprint to have documents delivered from London to UK and international addresses. They were both fine and cheaper than bigger companies. Have not used them for collections though.
http://www.citipak.co.uk/
http://www.citysprint.co.uk/

gethsmp
Newly Registered

Post by gethsmp » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:49 pm

I have used Mailboxes etc in Sheffield...www.mbe.uk.com. They are pretty prompt. They charge £20 for pick up and additional courier charges through Fedex or UPS (you can choose) which will cost around £50

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:01 am

Aramex did the whole jon (international) just in us dollar 60. I am not marketing for Aramex but just to guide our buddies to take advantage of low price and pick up whithout having shipper signature. (most difficult part of the job).

nsm2010