ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Croydon - From Tier 2 - 1st week of AUG'15

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajadu
Newly Registered

ILR Success @ Croydon - From Tier 2 - 1st week of AUG'15

Post by ajadu » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:07 pm

Dear Gurus / Experts / Moderators,

Thank you very very much for helping n guiding us in the right direction to do our ILR process smoothly. You’ll went out of the way to answer all our queries patiently and very efficiently. Your gesture is truly appreciated and it is very rare to find such helpful people in this day and age.
Even by paying someone we would not get so much help as much as we got from Immigration Board. We are indebted to all of you.

Our ILR is approved 2 days back.

We would like to share our experience below to help others.

I was on Tier 2 (General) visa and my wife my dependant.
I would complete 5 years on this visa at end of this month. So keeping in mind 28 days rule, we applied earlier this week in person at Lunar House (Croydon).
From the time we entered the building till we left with our approval letter, it was roughly a 4 hours process.
It is advisable to book any morning appointment until 11am.

Below are the documents we submitted in original and 1 copy for my wife and myself

1) Passports
2) Biometric Residence Permit cards
3) 2 passport size photos
4) Employer letter (also included a table showing absences from the UK) - main applicant
5) Life in the UK test pass letter
6) English qualification - we showed our Bachelor of Commerce from University of Mumbai, letter from the University stating medium of language is English and print out of the points-based calculator from Home Office website. This print out shows that the degree is approved by UK NARIC as their system is linked with Home Office website
6) Most recent / last 1 month bank statement (main applicant)
7) Most recent / last 1 month salary slip (main applicant)
8) House papers (we showed Annual Mortgage statements of last 2 years). If staying on rent, then Tenancy agreement should be fine
(If husband and wife applying together, then both names should be on House papers)
9) Council Tax Bills of last 2 years
10) Our child’s birth certificate (to prove evidence of Cohabitation) - not mandatory if you show some House papers / Council Tax Bill

If you need any guidance, I will try to help.

Good luck and God bless to others

Warm regards
AJA

Shweta2202
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success @ Croydon - From Tier 2 - 1st week of AUG'15

Post by Shweta2202 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:59 pm

Congratulations, thanks for offering your help. I have a degree certificate BA from University of Mumbai ( distance course ) needed some guidance on how to obtain the letter from university of medium being English and was also wondering if you needed to submit all the mark sheets as well. As I have misplaced my TYBA one.. I do not have anyone in Mumbai to rely on so if you are aware of any agents of way to get this done from here, thanks a million!

rk050776
India

Post by rk050776 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:07 pm

You can depend on NARIC to get the language assessment done. They can do it by charging some amount. I did mine in the last 2 months.

Shweta2202
Newly Registered

Post by Shweta2202 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:44 pm

Hi, I was told that I needed to get the letter from univ of Mumbai. Did you give the IELTS Test? I was actually trying to avoid giving the test and submit my education degree.