ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about EEA 4 application.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mall
Newly Registered

Questions about EEA 4 application.

Post by mall » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:30 am

Hello all,
My RC will expire on Dec 5th 2015 and I need advice please about my PR application.My EEA dutch national brother got his PR blue card in 2007 and I received my RC in Dec 2010.
My questions are,When will be the right time for me to apply for permanent residence because I have a full time job and my employer is very hot on workers immigration status when it expires.Is it possible to apply in October,which will be about 2 months of RC expiring.
Secondly,My EEA national brother was registered as a job seeker at the job center in late 2011 for more than a year because his employer closed down business but he has P 45 which he was sent by the job center.He later went into been a self employed.
I wanted to know if his job seekers status in 2011 will affect my application for PR because I am planning to send the application myself without using a lawyer as the lawyer I used in my RC application made a mess and still charged us a fortune before returning my passport. I have put together all evidence of 5 years from 2011 and there was a section in the PR form that says if you are enclosing your EEA sponsor's PR card to skip questions regarding EEA activity.
Please,Can anyone advice me on the right steps to take and if I need to send all the evidence from 2011 of my EEA brother I have put together.Thank you.

liquidweb

Re: Questions about EEA 4 application.

Post by liquidweb » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:14 pm

mall wrote:Hello all,
My RC will expire on Dec 5th 2015 and I need advice please about my PR application.My EEA dutch national brother got his PR blue card in 2007 and I received my RC in Dec 2010.
My questions are,When will be the right time for me to apply for permanent residence because I have a full time job and my employer is very hot on workers immigration status when it expires.Is it possible to apply in October,which will be about 2 months of RC expiring.
Secondly,My EEA national brother was registered as a job seeker at the job center in late 2011 for more than a year because his employer closed down business but he has P 45 which he was sent by the job center.He later went into been a self employed.
I wanted to know if his job seekers status in 2011 will affect my application for PR because I am planning to send the application myself without using a lawyer as the lawyer I used in my RC application made a mess and still charged us a fortune before returning my passport. I have put together all evidence of 5 years from 2011 and there was a section in the PR form that says if you are enclosing your EEA sponsor's PR card to skip questions regarding EEA activity.
Please,Can anyone advice me on the right steps to take and if I need to send all the evidence from 2011 of my EEA brother I have put together.Thank you.
Couple of things. On 5th Dec 2015, you become a Permanent Residence of this country automatically. So your employer can verify that by calling HO. EEA4 is just putting that in words and also allows you to travel more freely or if you change employer easier to prove without much hassle. I have seen people mostly applying a month in advance of RC end date since it takes about a month to receive your COA and almost 5 months to process application.

mall
Newly Registered

Re: Questions about EEA 4 application.

Post by mall » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:28 pm

Thanks for your reply liquidweb.