ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr FP help please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fareeR
United Kingdom

Flr FP help please

Post by fareeR » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:41 am

Hi
I came to London with my daughter as dependants to my to my husband in Aug 17th 2010.
Extended my visa as hsmp partner valid until 12th jan2013.
Then on jan5th 2013 I applied for extension through solicitors.
They messed up my application sending a wrong form.
So ukba rejected my application as invalid. solicitors didnt
Inform me about this but resent flr m on March 2013 getting a new cheque from us saying that ukba returned cheque for no reason. But this time too flr m was rejected on July 2013
This time again solicitor made us believe that jr could help so applied for jr on feb2014.
Jr case was closed on sep 2014 and the solicitor did not inform me.
I paid 900£ to lawyer for that.
Totally misguided and I was made to overstay even without my knowledge since jr closed in sep2014.
I had a British baby in jan2015
I called upper tribunal getting suspicious of long jr process and found jr was closed on sep2014.
I called solicitors immediately but they didn't bother about my case and responded badly making my life miserable.
I went to new solicitor and applied flr fp based on British child.
This flr fp is for me and my first daughter showing new born British boy.
What are my chances?
I applied flr fp on June 23rd 2015.
Gave biometrics on July 4th 2015.
More documents sent on Aug 4th regarding initial entry clearance date for my daughter .
We didn't send passport as it is with ukba since 2013.
What are the chances for me and my dependant daughter?
Will they give ilr in 5 yr or 10 yr?
Just worried so much as 10 yr will be hard on me.
My husband is Settled here.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Flr FP help please

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:50 pm

A solicitor acts on the applicant's behalf. From Home Office's perspective, any mistake by the solicitor is a mistake by the applicant.
If you wish to you may complain about the solicitor to SRA.

If FLR(FP) is approved, you will be granted leave for 30 months (276BE(1)). Settlement under FP route is 10 years (276DE(a)), unless you fulfill the long residence requirements in between (276B).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

fareeR
United Kingdom

Post by fareeR » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:35 pm

Thank you for your reply. I will try to post my outcome ASAP.

fareeR
United Kingdom

Post by fareeR » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:52 pm

I came as dependant and on Jan 2011 I switched to pbs dependant and completed 2 yrs
Jan2013 visa was messed up by solicitor.
Meanwhile my husband switched to long residence ilr 10 yr route in Dec 2012 and got settlement on 2013 may.
As you have read my original post I've applied flr fp.
I've spent 2 yrs as pbs dependant. Will they consider me under old rules before july12? For deciding my application.
Just curious.
Have been researching this forum and found I've missed my chances of ilr and hence the question.

fareeR
United Kingdom

Post by fareeR » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:56 pm

Sorry if I'm being so stupid.
Just the waiting time for two and a half years has really taken a toll in me.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:04 pm

I'm sure it has, but once you're on an established route to settlement, you should feel better.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

fareeR
United Kingdom

Post by fareeR » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:19 pm

I got my visa granted as partner 10 year route initially for a period of 30 months. My daughter is also granted 30 months.
When can my daughter apply for ilr? My husband is naturalised as uk citizen from oct14th 2015.
My original post mentions that our status was messed up by my solicitor. So basically overstayer. With this history when to apply ilr for my indian born daughter.she came here on 2010 August.