ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration stamp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immigration1

Immigration stamp

Post by immigration1 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:04 pm

I recently came across a 'weird' immigration stamp in a Canadian passport. This was an ink stamp and it stated that the holder has leave granted by ECO Ottawa and that the leave is going to expire on XX XX XX. IT also bore the landing card number at the top and Code (4) at the right hand side.

In what circumstances do IOs use this stamp? I've never seen such a stamp before...

jes2jes

Re: Immigration stamp

Post by jes2jes » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:09 pm

immigration1 wrote:I recently came across a 'weird' immigration stamp in a Canadian passport. This was an ink stamp and it stated that the holder has leave granted by ECO Ottawa and that the leave is going to expire on XX XX XX. IT also bore the landing card number at the top and Code (4) at the right hand side.

In what circumstances do IOs use this stamp? I've never seen such a stamp before...
I think you should post this in the CNDN portion of this forum.
But how can a CNDN passport be stamped with a 'control' stamp in the first place? Are you sure the passport is Canadian since you did not state whether it is yours or otherwise.
Praise The Lord!!!!

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:23 pm

It sounds like an old style stamp issued by ECO's, before the current vignettes came into use.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:01 am

It is a transfer of conditions stamp.

The passport holder probably had his/her original conditions
in an old expired passport and the Immigration Officer has simply
transferred the conditions to the new passport by use of this stamp.