ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) Employer Change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joshw
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (General) Employer Change

Post by joshw » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:15 am

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

I've had a terrible time with my current company attempting to sponsor me with a failed application in March due to their HR department incorrectly advertising the role as part of the RLMT and then applying in the wrong visa category in the CoS which delayed my application by a number of months. Luckily my Tier 5 visa still had 6 weeks validity and was able to come back to the UK to work another month. All in all though with lost wages, flights etc the financial cost to me exceeds £10k which is crippling to say the least!

The latest news from my work is that they expect me to pay for the most recent visa application, even though it was their HR department that made all the mistakes! It is the final straw, and it is only my second day back (I'd already been with the company for 1 year previous to the visa application).

I'm now looking at finding another role which would include Tier 2 sponsorship and hence change both the sponsor and visa. Would I need to complete the application in my native country (Australia) or am I able to complete the application within the UK as it would only be to change sponsor?

Also, at what time would I need to advise my current employer I am changing roles (just normal notice period)? I'm not going to do this for another few months however the company has done nothing to inspire loyalty.

Cheers
Josh

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 5 to Tier 2

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:55 pm

What is your current immigration category (and sub-category)?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

joshw
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 5 to Tier 2

Post by joshw » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:52 am

I'm currently on a Tier 2 general - restricted visa.

Cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 (General) Employer Change

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:30 am

Change of employment application from within the UK.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!