ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ROR/PR after separation from Irish Spouse

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Efe
Newly Registered

ROR/PR after separation from Irish Spouse

Post by Efe » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:00 am

Hi,

I am married to an Irish National. Married october 2008 and got separated August 2012 and waiting for divorce and did not apply for ROR after separation. The solicitor told me not to worry and we also both called HO at the time and they said whether wait to complete your time and apply for your PR or reapply for 5 years. We decided to wait. Now my residence expires in October 2015 and waiting for divorce paper to come through so l can make the PR application.

Home Office knew that already from me and also from my ex wife that we got separated at that time.

I checked with Immigration Centre, Citizen Advice, Home Office, Immigration Solicitors they all said the same things. Wait and apply for PR and since then l traveled alone and have never been asked anything!