ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Process of getting a Tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gonon
Newly Registered

Process of getting a Tier 2 visa

Post by gonon » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:47 pm

Hello guys,
I graduated from a masters degree course in 2014 and got interviewed the same year for a job. Early this year, Jan 2015, i was asked by my prospective employer so send copies of my degree certificate, photo and visa pages of my passport, my address in my home country and NI number as an immigration law firm which was hired was requesting for them. My question is, what do they need all this documents for and why haven't i heard from them since January? Please help....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Process of getting a Tier 2 visa

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Was it a face-to-face interview or a telephonic interview?
If the latter, how do you know it was a representative of a genuine employer on the other end of the phone or someone taking you for a ride?
If the latter, you may have just been duped into sending some documents and information that may be misused for illegal purposes. So don't, if haven't already.
A potential victim of identity fraud?

If you know for your sure that the prospective employer is genuine then they need to answer these questions as to why their immigration lawyer requires all these documents at this stage?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gonon
Newly Registered

Post by gonon » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:35 am

Hello sushdmehta,
Thanks for your reply. The interview was a face to face interview at the companys' office when i was still in the UK and they photocopied my passport. I was also registered on their database with the status "Interview", and i did my homework on finding out if the company is genuine. However, i guess what i'm trying to ask is that are the documents, which they requested from me, in line with visa application or CoS, and whether companies are allowed to hire immigration law firms to apply for visas on their behalf. Also, how long the whole process takes, from RMLT to the tier 2 visa application.

Thanks for the concern.

london2506
Newly Registered

Post by london2506 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:11 pm

I don't think they should be needing these documents at this stage. I know that for my employer, they did not request any of these even when I got my job offer - they only requested it when it was time to apply for the visa (3 months before the start date).

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:56 pm

some employers do ask for this information. however, have u had any contact from them since Jan? if not, then i persoanlly would presume that its not going anywhere..

london2506
Newly Registered

Post by london2506 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:27 pm

iworker wrote:some employers do ask for this information. however, have u had any contact from them since Jan? if not, then i persoanlly would presume that its not going anywhere..
Yes, if they havent extended you an offer before requesting all this, personally I would consider the request quite suspect.