ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents to show salary - Tier 2 ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Documents to show salary - Tier 2 ILR

Post by silverchloride » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi all,

I am going to be applying for ILR next year on Tier 2 and understand that I would have to show a salary of £35,000 or above. My salary at that time will be around £34500 so I am speaking to my HR Department to explore options to increase my salary slightly. As a large organisation, they are not able increase salary on ad-hoc basis so are exploring options on what to do. I am just wondering if I should give them any documents / information to strengthen my case.

I know that I would have to provide salary slips, bank statements and a letter from my HR to confirm this. Can any esteemed members please confirm if this is a correct assumption, and if so what other documents would I have to provide for ILR to prove my salary?

1) Salary slips - are there any golden rules on how many months payslips we should be presenting? If they increase my salary one month before my application date, will it still work or should I be asking them to increase my salary at least 6 months before my extension is due? Is there any link I could refer to (and send them) while they are considering my pay increase.

2) Letter from HR - I know the rules say it should state that the 'employee is still required for the job' - is there any draft versions of this letter somewhere or should it just state how long I have worked with them (on the same CoS), etc.

3) I have had a slight change in my job-title (added 'Senior') since I got my last Tier 2 extension. It's still the same job and Code of Practise. Will there be any issues?

Thanks ever so much!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Documents to show salary - Tier 2 ILR

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:36 pm

It is "minimum salary threshold" (as prescribed for the year in question) or "SOC rate of pay", whichever is higher!
Earning minimum salary will not help if the SOC rate of pay is higher.

Appendix I
245HF-SD
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:28 pm

sushdmehta wrote:It is "minimum salary threshold" (as prescribed for the year in question) or "SOC rate of pay", whichever is higher!
Earning minimum salary will not help if the SOC rate of pay is higher.

Appendix I
245HF-SD
Many thanks @sushdmehta yes that's great, I am aware of it and in my case it would be £35,000 which is higher than the appropriate salary for my job description... I am just worried about it being lower than 35k and so speaking to the HR department to see what options could be explored.

How many months bank statements are required to be shown?

talk2ram.28
BANNED

Post by talk2ram.28 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:30 am

You require last one month payslip and corresponding bank statement. Salary at the time of applying must be 35k which means the salary before tax and deductions in your payslip must show 35000/12.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:52 am

how many hours do u have to work per week.. this 35k min salary requirement is for 39 hours/week, so if u work anything less, u maybe ok already with your current salary.. search the forum to calculate the salary if your contract is for less hours.. eg. 37.5 hours per week.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:59 am

iworker wrote:how many hours do u have to work per week.. this 35k min salary requirement is for 39 hours/week, so if u work anything less, u maybe ok already with your current salary.. search the forum to calculate the salary if your contract is for less hours.. eg. 37.5 hours per week.
That's a very interesting point actually Many thanks. My contract is 37.5 (it actually says 'hours required to do the job) but I remember somewhere it says 37.5 hours.... So will that mean i'd be ok? I'd be at £34,565 in August when I'm applying so will this mean i'm ok? :o

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:01 am

I've done some calculation - could any member please advise if I'm doing it right.

35,000 = 39 hours
x = 37.5 hours

That would make it £33,653 for 37.5 hours. Does this make sense?

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:38 am

Any advice guys?

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:42 pm

I've done some calculation - could any member please advise if I'm doing it right.

35,000 = 39 hours
x = 37.5 hours

That would make it £33,653 for 37.5 hours. Does this make sense?
That's correct. (35,000/39 x 37.5)

If your contracted to work 37.5hrs and your salary in August will be £34,565, you will be meeting the requirement for ILR(hopefully if the rules don't change again) and you don't need to worry. good luck.

cafemoonrock
Newly Registered

Post by cafemoonrock » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:07 pm

All the best to you!

I got my ILR (tier 2 route) approved in April. Here are the docs I submitted:

SET(O) form
Life in the UK Test Pass Letter
BRP Card
Passport
Degree Certificate (India)
PBS calculator printout showing 10 points for English
3 months' payslips - just in case
3 months' bank statements - just in case
Employer letter for absences, pay rate and continued employment
Cover note explaining absences
2 x photographs
Photocopies of all the docs above

Here's the format used for my employer letter: http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1176273

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:05 pm

Thanks cafemoonrock for providing the info.

Kindly can you let us know in case of below two docs, is it required to submit the document from current employer only or previous employer too, if applicable ?

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi Expert, Kindly let me know if my below query is applicable only with current employer or previous employer as well ?

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:52 pm

cafemoonrock wrote:All the best to you!

I got my ILR (tier 2 route) approved in April. Here are the docs I submitted:

SET(O) form
Life in the UK Test Pass Letter
BRP Card
Passport
Degree Certificate (India)
PBS calculator printout showing 10 points for English
3 months' payslips - just in case
3 months' bank statements - just in case
2 x photographs
Photocopies of all the docs above

Here's the format used for my employer letter: http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1176273
Thanks very much!

oj.bulmer

Post by oj.bulmer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:45 pm

silverchloride wrote:
iworker wrote:how many hours do u have to work per week.. this 35k min salary requirement is for 39 hours/week, so if u work anything less, u maybe ok already with your current salary.. search the forum to calculate the salary if your contract is for less hours.. eg. 37.5 hours per week.
That's a very interesting point actually Many thanks. My contract is 37.5 (it actually says 'hours required to do the job) but I remember somewhere it says 37.5 hours.... So will that mean i'd be ok? I'd be at £34,565 in August when I'm applying so will this mean i'm ok? :o
Be careful here. The salary can not be pro-rated to 39 hours to satisfy 35k requirement for ILR. Migrant must earn minimum of 35k or pro-rated 39-hour-weekly salary as mentioned in SOC code for experienced worker, whichever is higher. Here is the reference.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 4.doc.html

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:16 pm

Hi Expert,

About document submission, is it OK to submit all the document related to employee letter for absences, pay rate and continued employment applicable only for current employer ?
Or do we need to submit for previous employer as well?
Kindly help.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Volunteer / Director on Tier 2?

Post by silverchloride » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:17 am

Hi all,

Do you know if one can sit on the board of directors of a charity / limited company (unpaid) on Tier 2 visa? I see that the directors information is publicly available (including nationality/location, etc) so wasn't sure if this is something that only British or people with ILR can do?

Would it have any detrimental impact on the history or the case if one is on the board of directors of a company.

Many thanks in advance!