ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 3(2) Registering non British born child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JennyB
Newly Registered

MN1 3(2) Registering non British born child

Post by JennyB » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi
I am hoping someone can put my anxiety at ease here. I am South African born to a British Mother. Unfortunately many years ago when my Mother and I moved back to the UK in 1995 we were given the wrong information and I got British Citizenship but only by descent.... I lived in the UK until 2005 where I went to South Africa and stayed for a few years. I met my hubby (we are currently working towards applying for his spousal visa) and we also had our daughter. I am back in the UK with my hubby & daughter here on a 6 month visitors visa which expires next month and my husband will be going back to SA so we can apply for his spousal end Oct once we meet the requirements, I applied to register my daughter MN1 3(2) as I was able to prove with tax statements and previous passports that I lived in the UK for 3 years prior to her Birth. I sent off the application with my Mothers birth certificate, mine and my daughters birth certificate and passports and all other relevant documents. Today they deducted the fee from my account. How long is the application process currently taking to get an answer? I really don't want her to leave next month with my husband and hoping that because the application is in the process she wont be overstaying? The anxiety is killing me as her registration approval is critical for us to achieve my husband coming over to finally settle.
Thanks in advance

noajthan

Re: MN1 3(2) Registering non British born child

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:35 am

JennyB wrote:Hi
I am hoping someone can put my anxiety at ease here. I am South African born to a British Mother. Unfortunately many years ago when my Mother and I moved back to the UK in 1995 we were given the wrong information and I got British Citizenship but only by descent.... I lived in the UK until 2005 where I went to South Africa and stayed for a few years. I met my hubby (we are currently working towards applying for his spousal visa) and we also had our daughter. I am back in the UK with my hubby & daughter here on a 6 month visitors visa which expires next month and my husband will be going back to SA so we can apply for his spousal end Oct once we meet the requirements, I applied to register my daughter MN1 3(2) as I was able to prove with tax statements and previous passports that I lived in the UK for 3 years prior to her Birth. I sent off the application with my Mothers birth certificate, mine and my daughters birth certificate and passports and all other relevant documents. Today they deducted the fee from my account. How long is the application process currently taking to get an answer? I really don't want her to leave next month with my husband and hoping that because the application is in the process she wont be overstaying? The anxiety is killing me as her registration approval is critical for us to achieve my husband coming over to finally settle.
Thanks in advance
You can track current timelines in the MN1 timeline thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1229106

For example, my daughter's registration took 3 months to be processed end-to-end earlier in year;
(British passport application then took approx 3 weeks to process, a few weeks after that).

Not sure about status whilst applying but I believe the previous visa status holds whilst the application is in progress.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ic005qx00
Newly Registered

Post by ic005qx00 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi There,

I'm in the same boat. SA born with Children born in SA and I'm UK by decent. I'd like to do the same with my kids, but want to find out how the process was for you? My kids are 8 and 11.

Can you share? Much appreciated!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Member in question last visited over 3 months ago - and only posted once.
Suggest ask own question in own topic.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.