ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship Good Character & Overstay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

beloved
Newly Registered

British citizenship Good Character & Overstay

Post by beloved » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:45 pm

GOOD CHARACTER REQUIREMENT

hello Guys,
i am about to submit my naturalization application and i needed a bit of advise. i overstayed on my previous visa before i got my 5 years residency and my ILR. i want to know if i have to declare that on the naturalization appliacation and state my reasons for overstaying or not. the reason i am asking is that there is no section on the form that ask you to state whether you overstayed or not. i want to know which part of the form i need to put this information. i will be gratfull if any one could share their advise and opinion with me.

thanks in advance.

secret.simon

Re: British citizen ship

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:38 am

Please post this query in its own thread as it is not in any way related to the OP's question.

It appears from your previous posts that you are a non-EEA citizen married to an EEA citizen. If that is the case, can you explain when and how did the overstay occur?

If you have overstayed (i.e. your visa/leave to remain had expired AND you had not applied for an extension/other leave to remain within 28 days of such expiry), you will not get naturalisation for 10 years.