ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using Surinder Singh route by moving to ireland

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tariqo
Newly Registered

Using Surinder Singh route by moving to ireland

Post by tariqo » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:03 am

I have very tragic event that occurred during past few months as I am UK British citizen and recently for spouse visa from pakistan in apr 15, was refused on fact that i couldn't satisfy financial requirements. Currently i have appealed on administration hearing on 28 july, still waiting from them.

Because I am british citizen and my wife has pakistan passport, i would like to know if you could wise to proceed surinder singh route in ireland, how shall i proceed it.

How long would it take if i apply c visit visa through turkey antara for pakistani citizen, will it be free or do i need to pay for it?

As if i also attach Ireland EU Directive Accompany Visa Cover Letter, how quickly will this possible to do?

Pls Help

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Using Surinder Singh route by moving to ireland

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:43 am

Dear Tariqo,

My wife is a british citizen and we did not apply for UK spouse visa because we have to fulfil their financial requirement, loads of evidence and they take more than six months to process the application, even after they intentionally refuses it so we have used the Surinder singh route which is more convenient and 100% successful for free of charge.

Under the Directive 2004/38/EC, If your wife wishes to joint or accompany with you to Ireland, then she can apply for a single journey short-stay C visa which will permit her to enter and reside in the State for up to 3 months.
In the event that she wish to remain in the State for more than 3 months as a family member of an EU citizen exercising their free movement rights, she must apply when in the State for a Residence Card of a family member of a Union citizen.

First of all you need to apply online for you accompany spouse visa and it is free of charge but you must attach the EU Directive cover letter so you will get you wife's visa in 2 or 3 weeks, maximum 4 weeks the process is.

If you are gonna apply for a accompany spouse visa from Pakistan, you need following supporting documents
Filled Accompany spouse visa application form
Cover letter
Valid passports of your wife and yours
2 Passport size photographs of your wife
Marriage certificate
Flight confirmation

Once you get your wife's visa, she can come to Ireland and apply for a Residence card as a family member of EU citizen exercising their treaty rights by working or self employment. The EU1 residence card process take about 6 months but they will give temporary 6 months residence with work right in 2 or 3 weeks, until they process her application :)

With that temporary residence card your wife can go to UK with you and apply EEA2 from there by using your EU1 supporting documents.
Thanks.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

tariqo
Newly Registered

Post by tariqo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:30 am

Thanks for the advice so i will go for it.

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:32 pm

kunfayakun wrote:Dear Tariqo,

My wife is a british citizen and we did not apply for UK spouse visa because we have to fulfil their financial requirement, loads of evidence and they take more than six months to process the application, even after they intentionally refuses it so we have used the Surinder singh route which is more convenient and 100% successful for free of charge.

Under the Directive 2004/38/EC, If your wife wishes to joint or accompany with you to Ireland, then she can apply for a single journey short-stay C visa which will permit her to enter and reside in the State for up to 3 months.
In the event that she wish to remain in the State for more than 3 months as a family member of an EU citizen exercising their free movement rights, she must apply when in the State for a Residence Card of a family member of a Union citizen.

First of all you need to apply online for you accompany spouse visa and it is free of charge but you must attach the EU Directive cover letter so you will get you wife's visa in 2 or 3 weeks, maximum 4 weeks the process is.

If you are gonna apply for a accompany spouse visa from Pakistan, you need following supporting documents
Filled Accompany spouse visa application form
Cover letter
Valid passports of your wife and yours
2 Passport size photographs of your wife
Marriage certificate
Flight confirmation

Once you get your wife's visa, she can come to Ireland and apply for a Residence card as a family member of EU citizen exercising their treaty rights by working or self employment. The EU1 residence card process take about 6 months but they will give temporary 6 months residence with work right in 2 or 3 weeks, until they process her application :)

With that temporary residence card your wife can go to UK with you and apply EEA2 from there by using your EU1 supporting documents.
Thanks.
I've two queries please

1. Does the EU citizen passport has to be original too ? I have read that a photocopy would suffice even for the accompany visa,
2. The processing time you mentioned seems really quick whereas many people have stated that it's taking more than 10 weeks. How long you have on your visa to enter Ireland. I need to perfectly time this

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:02 pm

Dear pti2323,

Sorry about my late reply. When we apply for the Accompany spouse C visa, we did not submit the original EU passport, we just gave photocopies (all pages) of EU passport and non EU passport, in 3 weeks later we got 3 months C visa to enter Ireland.
At the moment I heard many people are saying it is taking about 8 weeks to get the stamp 4 due to the volume of application on hand but my friend got his temporary stamp in 3 weeks, maybe he is lucky, it was 3 months ago and now he is in UK waiting for his EEA2.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun