ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Drive during fresh application? Merit of fresh application?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nat333
Newly Registered

Drive during fresh application? Merit of fresh application?

Post by Nat333 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi,

I would be grateful if anybody knows if I could drive in the uk while making a fresh visa application.

Also, could you pls tell me if there is merit in making a fresh application in which I no longer meet the income requirement of £18,600? In my last application, the home office asked my employer to terminate my work, even though I did have the right to work during my appeal process.

The outcome of the appeal was unsuccessful and I have until about 2 weeks either to leave the uk or make a fresh application. However, if I make a fresh application, I would be relying on only the income of my partner, which is £18,000. Although I have a personal savings of £9,000 this is less than the £17,500 required to make up the £600 shortfall.

However, I consider that if the home office did not make an error, I still would have been employed until the end of the appeal, and thus able to meet the financial requirement. Do you think this is a good enough argument for making a fresh application?

My first application was refused because the home office was not convinced that I intended to stay in the uk. This was because I was making arrangements to leave the uk before my visa expired--I was just trying to respect the uk laws but they've surprisingly used this against me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Drive during fresh application? Merit of fresh applicati

Post by physicskate » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:39 pm

Nat333 wrote:Hi,

I would be grateful if anybody knows if I could drive in the uk while making a fresh visa application.

Also, could you pls tell me if there is merit in making a fresh application in which I no longer meet the income requirement of £18,600? In my last application, the home office asked my employer to terminate my work, even though I did have the right to work during my appeal process.

The outcome of the appeal was unsuccessful and I have until about 2 weeks either to leave the uk or make a fresh application. However, if I make a fresh application, I would be relying on only the income of my partner, which is £18,000. Although I have a personal savings of £9,000 this is less than the £17,500 required to make up the £600 shortfall.

However, I consider that if the home office did not make an error, I still would have been employed until the end of the appeal, and thus able to meet the financial requirement. Do you think this is a good enough argument for making a fresh application?

My first application was refused because the home office was not convinced that I intended to stay in the uk. This was because I was making arrangements to leave the uk before my visa expired--I was just trying to respect the uk laws but they've surprisingly used this against me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
What? Start at the beginning - what visa do you currently hold??

Do you have a British Driving License? If you do, what does that have to do with your visa?!

Nat333
Newly Registered

Post by Nat333 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:43 pm

physicskate thanks for your reply.

Yes I do. I just wanted to be sure that I was not breaking any laws as I am now within the 28 day overstay.

The visa I held was a student visa. But all the conditions attached to that visa ended after my appeal ended. So right now, I am within the 28 days overstay but unsure of what rights I have now and when I eventually send the fresh application.

My original post is basically a summary of my entire visa situation.

I look forward to your comments.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:02 pm

They may revoke your driving licence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Nat333 wrote:physicskate thanks for your reply.

Yes I do. I just wanted to be sure that I was not breaking any laws as I am now within the 28 day overstay.

The visa I held was a student visa. But all the conditions attached to that visa ended after my appeal ended. So right now, I am within the 28 days overstay but unsure of what rights I have now and when I eventually send the fresh application.

My original post is basically a summary of my entire visa situation.

I look forward to your comments.

Thanks
Your first post reads like you are not applying for a student visa and that you previously were on a spouse visa or FLR(M)...

But thank you for clarifying...