ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fufu
Newly Registered

EU1 application

Post by fufu » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:18 am

I submitted EU1 form on 14 July. I am now waiting for 6 month stamp 4 visa. I entered into Ireland with my British husband and son in May and got 3 month visa at the airport. My passport and my husband's passport are still in EU Treaty Right office. I visited a Garda, asked what I have to do, and was told to make a phone call to the office, or send e-mail. So I called, and was told, "Where did you get this number, you shouldn't call, but send e-mail. " I have been sending e-mails, but I haven't got proper answer from the office. I need to inform our new address, too. My questions are the followings;
1, Is that ok my initial visa is expired and I can't do anything with this? and
2. How can I inform my new address to the office? Can I send the information by post?

It is so frustrating that communication with EU Treaty Right people is so difficult.

bluemoon2

Re: EU1 application

Post by bluemoon2 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:19 am

no , communication with eu treaty riots is not difficult but they have only email and by post contact facilities , they don,t give any phone number for contact thats why they asked you , emails sometimes they reply and sometimes not , the only best and advisable way of contact is by post , specially when you have to tell them important things like change of address and other changes in your circumstances, JUST WRITE THEM LETTER ABOUT CHANGE OF YOUR HOME ADDRESS WITH REGISTERED POST AND YOU WILL GET ACKNOWLEDGMENT LETTER FROM THEM WITHIN WEEK THAT THEY HAVE NOTED IT . this is very important.

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: EU1 application

Post by robsters » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:48 pm

yeah best way is by post unfortunatly it is the only way, you have to keep them updated all the time , well its best to if you want things to go smoothly, best of luck, waiting for my wife full residence card at the moment, currently on a temp card until october.

emailing is a hit and miss sometimes they reply sometimes not depends i guess how busy they are, try to email them on beginning of the day on a working day i find