ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help Please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asmi_ahmad
Newly Registered

Urgent Help Please

Post by asmi_ahmad » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:35 pm

hi there, my college license got revoked in march 2015. i havent received curtailment letter and now 10 years ILR is due next month. by chance i spoke to one of my classmate and she told me that she had received curtailment letter in june 2015 along with couple of more classmates she was in touch. i was worried so i called home office but they said nothing has been sent to you. i called them last week as well and they said nothing has been sent. my question is can i rely on their system? my second question is do we get 28 days overstay period after 60 days letter? Thank you

riz1986

Re: Urgent Help Please

Post by riz1986 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:06 pm

you can do this online by verifying your BRP....its a quick an easy way to find out if your visa is still valid.Just search on google.

Yes u can overstay up to 28 days after curtailment.

HarryJones

Post by HarryJones » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:06 pm

please what is the home office number that you called

asmi_ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by asmi_ahmad » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:15 pm

riz1986 wrote:you can do this online by verifying your BRP....its a quick an easy way to find out if your visa is still valid.Just search on google.

Yes u can overstay up to 28 days after curtailment.
that service is for employers to check the work right. am confused

asmi_ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by asmi_ahmad » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:17 pm

HarryJones wrote:please what is the home office number that you called
number is 03001232241

favour

Post by favour » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:00 pm

Hello Asmi,
I don't think their system/ the support workers are reliable, based on my resent experience.
I might have just been unlucky though.

I was recently refused an application on 20 th July, I did not get to know until 7 th August!!!
Despite speaking to 7 of the customer support.
What did happen was that an ecs check came back negative for me, I could not figure out why, bcs the check was positive two months before. I then started calling the helpline to find out why as the employer line will only speak to employer.
Only the 3rd support staff mentioned a new decision was made and sent to solicitor. But solicitor said he received nothing and Royal Mail could not help. The following day I tried to confirm from 4 other who said no decision was made and nothing was sent.
Thank God I wrote to caseworker directly who responded after a week, I would have still be in the dark now.

asmi_ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by asmi_ahmad » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:38 pm

favour wrote:Hello Asmi,
I don't think their system/ the support workers are reliable, based on my resent experience.
I might have just been unlucky though.

I was recently refused an application on 20 th July, I did not get to know until 7 th August!!!
Despite speaking to 7 of the customer support.
What did happen was that an ecs check came back negative for me, I could not figure out why, bcs the check was positive two months before. I then started calling the helpline to find out why as the employer line will only speak to employer.
Only the 3rd support staff mentioned a new decision was made and sent to solicitor. But solicitor said he received nothing and Royal Mail could not help. The following day I tried to confirm from 4 other who said no decision was made and nothing was sent.
Thank God I wrote to caseworker directly who responded after a week, I would have still be in the dark now.
how did u find out caseworker ID and on what number were u calling?