ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes expected to HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

heretic

Changes expected to HSMP

Post by heretic » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:38 pm

Are there any changes expected to HSMP next year.............I have read a few articles and they kind of suggest that if the BIA is not happy with the results of the current setup they will change the rules (tweak it) again.

Now all this makes life really uncertain as you never know what to expect in the future............

I got my HSMP on the previous system in Sept just before the system was changed in Nov............This constant change is make life really difficult.

Plus what about all this Judicial Review (Changes from 4-5 years, I think the HSMP one was refused by the judge) and the Parliamentary Committee report re the changes in HSMP raises significant human rights issue about compatibility with the right to respect for home and family life.........What is this all supposed to be BS and the HO/BIA can just turn around and say that we don't agree.

All this uncertainty make me think, why not go to Australia where at least the system does not change on a year to year basis, based on the Asylum figures........Here we get punished if the govt gets bollocking on its asylum figures.......as they cant do anything about the Asylum backlog I feel they go why not give the legal immigrant a chop.......to manage the total figures

sorry about the rant.................am I the only one who is tired all this constant changes with complete disregard for the people affected.

How fecking short sighted is the govt policy that it need to be changed every year!

Rog
Member of Standing

Re: Changes expected to HSMP

Post by Rog » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:22 pm

heretic wrote:Plus what about all this Judicial Review (Changes from 4-5 years, I think the HSMP one was refused by the judge) and the Parliamentary Committee report re the changes in HSMP raises significant human rights issue about compatibility with the right to respect for home and family life.........What is this all supposed to be BS and the HO/BIA can just turn around and say that we don't agree.
!

The Judicial Review filed against HSMP changes has not been dismissed but the hearing date for oral hearing is given on 30th Nov 07. This will come up almost at the same time as the VBSI 4-5 years JR. Also the government has to formally reply to the human rights comittee report in three months so that would also be around Nov.

EdgeHillMole

Re: Changes expected to HSMP

Post by EdgeHillMole » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:57 pm

heretic wrote:am I the only one who is tired all this constant changes with complete disregard for the people affected.
Absolutely not. You will find a good number of forums out there devoted or partially devoted to this subject. Including the ones backing the steadily-increasing number of JRs.
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture