ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension special case

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smallpuppy
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extension special case

Post by smallpuppy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi All

After reading some of the posts, I am still a little bit unsure about how to deal my current situation for my Tie 2 extension as I think this is a special case.

I was on Tier 4 visa and currently on a Tier 2 General visa, I accepted an offer of 18 month fixed term contract last year and now in the middle of my contract.

Tier 2 Visa Issued/started on 11/2014
Expiry Date 06/2016

Work Contract End on 05/2016
Basically my Tier 2 visa only lasts 18 months and 14 days

I have just realised that when I need to extend my current Tier 2, does my salary need to satisfy the experienced worker threshold? t It seems impractical for a Tier 2 work to satisfy the experience level threshold just after 18 months? After reading some post, it seems that my salary need to satisfy the experienced level, but I was just wondering would that be after you spend 3 year on Tier 2?

SOC Code 2425 Actuaries, Economists and Statisticians
New Entrant 26,500
Experienced Worker 34,700

My current salary is 30,400 based on a 35 hour contract, do a pro rata on 39 hours, then it will be 30400/52/35*39*52=33,874, which is lower than the experienced worker level

my salary will increase to 31,200 in Mid Dec 2015 if I pass one of my exams, so do a pro rata on 39 hours, that would be 31,200/52/35*39*52=34,765 which will just few pounds over the experienced level.

In terms of extension ,I will be staying in the same company and same SOC code. So I suppose RLMT is not needed and CoS will be unrestricted.

I know there is currently salary review by MAC going on and I suppose if the UKVI want to increase salary threshold, that will be probably starts from Jan 2016 or April 2016 as the review by MAC only will be completed by Mid Dec 2015?

For a work contract end in May 2016, it seems not possible that my employer will extend my contract December 2015 (when my salary increase to the right level)

So what shall I do now?

Also our company offer sort of share scheme that certain amount of salary is deduced from your monthly salary and, only after 3 year that money can be return for a better return, that deduction are normally shown on my monthly payslip under NI Contribution and Income Tax, but the total salary is still 30, 400(Potentially 31200 in December) , I was just wonder when we do extension of Tier 2, we do not need to provide payslips and bank statement, so I do not need to opt out from that scheme?

Thanks very much for your response!

Please correct me if there are things that are not right.

smallpuppy
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Extension special case

Post by smallpuppy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:42 pm

Oh just add another thing to the post,

In terms of ILR application after the Tier 2,

when i extend my current Tier 2, do I choose the 3 year route or the 5 year route?

I read on somewhere that the maximum time that you can stay on Tier 2 is 6 years?

If I choose the 3 year application, then my total Tier 2 leave will be just current 1.5+ extra 3year = 4.5 years, which means I still need to extend again after that time?

or can I choose the 5 year application and they will just give me 3.5 years?

I think that will depend on how the duration on CoS? Our HR would probably cannot understand this so I better have a idea to suggest HR how many years should be put on CoS to avoid future trouble.

Thanks so much for your idea and response!!!!!!!

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:16 am

U can only get ilr after 5 years.
As far as when u can apply is no issue but u have to remember u won't have enough time accumulated for ilr
So suppose u apply in dec if u were granted visa it ll have a start date on it that ll be Jan so u loose 5 months.

Best to apply for cos in Feb and apply in march. U can apply 3 months before the start date and cos is valid for 3 months.
Any changes ll be from april 2016 I assume .
Hope this answers ur question

smallpuppy
Newly Registered

Post by smallpuppy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:08 am

Thanks very much for this!!!!