ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen - Spouse Visa from Egypt (English Language)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PrinceEgypt
Newly Registered

British Citizen - Spouse Visa from Egypt (English Language)

Post by PrinceEgypt » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:19 am

Hi there

I am a UK born British citizen and was wondering if you could please help me.

My wife's spouse visa was refused back in early 2013 to join me in the UK. I therefore left the UK soon after and lived with my wife for 2.5 years in Egypt, we had a child (who I am currently in the process of applying for a British passport for).

Due to work reasons, I have had to leave her and my son in Egypt and am now back in the UK alone missing them DEARLY. :( :( :( Not being able to see your 1 year old son grow up is not pleasant at all especially since he is our first child. However, he is British apparently and is entitled to a British passport as his father (myself) is British.

The problem I'm having is with my wife getting over here and the English Language Test

I have seen the approved English language tests on the UK Gov website. However, I am not sure which test my wife needs to take that will be easy enough for her to pass. Her English is not great at all and I am planning to book her into 3 courses:

1) General English,
2) Conversation English,
3) IELTS Preparation) at the British Council in Egypt before even attempting another exam.

However, are there tests that she can take that are easier to pass than others?

I have seen the two test listed below on the GOV UK website. Does she HAVE to take these two tests specifically? What are the alternatives for a Spouse visa?

IELTS Life Skills A1
IELTS Life Skills B1

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizen - Spouse Visa from Egypt (English Langu

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:56 pm

She needs the A1 test from one of the approved test providers in Egypt per the list you have. The B1 test is ONLY needed when she gets to the indefinite leave to remain (permanent residence) stage 5 years down the line.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PrinceEgypt
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizen - Spouse Visa from Egypt (English Langu

Post by PrinceEgypt » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:38 am

CR001 wrote:She needs the A1 test from one of the approved test providers in Egypt per the list you have. The B1 test is ONLY needed when she gets to the indefinite leave to remain (permanent residence) stage 5 years down the line.
Ah perfect. So she doesn't need to do both tests?!!

Thats great. Thank you so much for this information! :)