ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR as Spouse in Croydon interview

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

l3aoud
Newly Registered

ILR as Spouse in Croydon interview

Post by l3aoud » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:51 am

Hi All

can you please tell me if the fact that my wife won`t be attending the interview (she is Working) will have any negative bearing on the application
we have all the Doc proving UK life test, healthy financials and same adress for the last two years.

Anyone who has been in Croydon recently, sharing his Experience will be very much appreciated

Kind Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:20 am

Why don't you submit a postal application?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

l3aoud
Newly Registered

Post by l3aoud » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:43 pm

I think my case is straight forward so better take advantage of that and also I m hoping a quick decision so we can plan holidays

Eugene_UK

Post by Eugene_UK » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:57 pm

dear l3aoud
are you sure that they will accept application where she is included without her being present at the time of an interview? i have always thought that spouse should be physically present as she is included in the application.
i would be much thankful if sages would shed some light on this please as i will be applying in January in person and my wife will go with me too.
as this issue is discussed here may i please ask gurus of this respected forum please:
do they actually look at her passport checking absences?
is the fact that we don`t have joint bank account would create any obstacles?
does my wife need to show her bank statements (not as a proof of address - we have utility and other bills) but as proof that she has some funds?
is it advisable to take tenancy agreement which is in my name only (she was not in the country when i signed the contract with the landlord)?
many thanks in advance!

vinny

Re: ILR as Spouse in Croydon interview

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:34 pm

l3aoud wrote:Hi All

can you please tell me if the fact that my wife won`t be attending the interview (she is Working) will have any negative bearing on the application
we have all the Doc proving UK life test, healthy financials and same adress for the last two years.

Anyone who has been in Croydon recently, sharing his Experience will be very much appreciated

Kind Regards
Your wife's absence due to work shouldn't have a negative bearing on your application. However, you have to show that she is present and settled (13.7) in the U.K. If you take her current passport with you, it will confirm that she is physically present in the U.K. Her passport and work will also confirm that she is settled.

See also Croydon appointment experience.
Last edited by vinny on Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:52 pm

Eugene_UK wrote:
is the fact that we don`t have joint bank account would create any obstacles?
does my wife need to show her bank statements (not as a proof of address - we have utility and other bills) but as proof that she has some funds?
is it advisable to take tenancy agreement which is in my name only (she was not in the country when i signed the contract with the landlord)?
many thanks in advance!
In SECTION 9 - DOCUMENTS AND PHOTOGRAPHS (continued) of the form SET(M), 20 letters and/or other documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address covering the 2 years are requested. Note 6 gives examples of what may be acceptable.

Bank statements may provide proof that she has some funds to meet the maintenance requirements (9.3).

Yes, do take the tenancy agreement with you. It will confirm that you have accommodation (9.4). Perhaps you can ask your landlord to write a letter confirming his/her permission for your wife to be living there with you.

remontado
Newly Registered

Re: ILR as Spouse in Croydon interview

Post by remontado » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:44 am

l3aoud wrote:Hi All

Kind Regards
If you want to have a peace in mind, just call them!

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:02 pm

No point in calling, they probably won't help.

She doesn't need to be there, and it is not an interview. As long as you have the documents to prove her residency (ie passport) and her letter of support, you'll be fine.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:40 pm

VictoriaS wrote:No point in calling, they probably won't help.

She doesn't need to be there, and it is not an interview. As long as you have the documents to prove her residency (ie passport) and her letter of support, you'll be fine.

Victoria
Hi Victoria,

By letter of support, are you referring to the letter that the wife should write to give the OP permission to make the application for her? That one is definitely required.

l3aoud
Newly Registered

Post by l3aoud » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:37 pm

thank you all for your help

I m not sure though about the letter of support from the wife. I guess this is a back up rather than a requirement.

:)