ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is spanish work permit any good?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

memory
Newly Registered

is spanish work permit any good?

Post by memory » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:22 pm

i am planning to get a spanish work permit for spain as i know it work like this !!!
i will get 1 year visa (first time)
after 1 year i get another visa for 2 yers.
at the end of this visa i will get again a 2 years visa.
so in total of 5 years i get indefinat visa mean i will have right to live and work is spain or any eu country is it true?
but to obtain a spanish passport i will have to work more 5 years in spain or any EU country to have a spanish or other EU country passport!
what about if i wants to live in uk after initial 5 years? :?: :?: :?: will i be allow to enter uk or i will have to have a uk visa?
and if i work last five years(i mean not first 5 years) in uk will i get british passport?

JAJ
Australia

Re: is spanish work permit any good?

Post by JAJ » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:38 pm

memory wrote:i am planning to get a spanish work permit for spain as i know it work like this !!!
so in total of 5 years i get indefinat visa mean i will have right to live and work is spain or any eu country is it true?
but to obtain a spanish passport i will have to work more 5 years in spain or any EU country to have a spanish or other EU country passport!
You will have free movement rights when you get a Spanish passport, not before. The wait for that may be up to 10 years, unless you're from particular countries. What's your nationality?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:12 pm

memory, you have forgotten something! You have forgotten to post details of your nationality, and without that detail it is difficult to answer a number of your questions.
John

memory
Newly Registered

Re: is spanish work permit any good?

Post by memory » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:48 pm

memory wrote:i am planning to get a spanish work permit for spain as i know it work like this !!!
what about if i wants to live in uk after initial 5 years? :?: :?: :?: will i be allow to enter uk or i will have to have a uk visa?
and if i work last five years(i mean not first 5 years) in uk will i get british passport?
oh yes i am not eu national i am pakistani my passport needs visa for any country!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:45 pm

OK, if you get a Spanish work permit, because Spain is part of the Schengen area, your Spanish authorisation will also allow you to visit any other Schengen area country.

But as the UK (and Ireland, and all the countries that entered the EU in 2004 and 2007) is not in the Schengen area, you would still need a visitor visa to permit entry into the UK.

As already said, once you have a Spanish passport then you would be permitted to travel visa-free to any EU country, and indeed live and work in any such country.

How is your knowledge of the Spanish language?
John

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:26 pm

perhaps he is hoping for a similar program such as this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4242411.stm

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:58 pm

John,
Permit free travel is indeed there, but are you sure there is permission to work in all Schengen countries for a Spanish work permit holder of any nationality?
John wrote:
As already said, once you have a Spanish passport then you would be permitted to travel visa-free to any EU country, and indeed live and work in any such country.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:18 pm

John does not claim so! What he said is simple :-

Spanish WP(visa) = Travel to other Schengen countries,

Spanish Passport = Travel, live and work in Schengen countries.
Jabi

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:19 pm

Permit free travel is indeed there, but are you sure there is permission to work in all Schengen countries for a Spanish work permit holder of any nationality?
Am I sure there is permission to work in all Schengen countries? No, not at all, which is why I did not suggest that was the case.
John

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:33 pm

Memory, in Spain you can't get a work permit yourself, only the company that is offering you a job can obtain the work permit.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.