ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa refusal!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

durgadr
Newly Registered

visa refusal!

Post by durgadr » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:02 pm

I have applied for family visitor visa for my parents to UK.both myself and my brother live in UK, so they refused the visa twice on the basis of inadequate documents,stating that who will take care of the business in their absence for 6 months.Since i am due to deliver in couple of weeks iam planning to apply visa for my mother alone for the 3 rd time. i Hve not mentioned about my pregnancy in the previous 2 application.
my query is,1. can i mention that iam pregnant when iam applying for my mother?
2. do i have to show the same documents what i produced (business deeds)for both my parents? or should i just show that she is a housewife and apply??

vin123
Member of Standing

Re: visa refusal!

Post by vin123 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:54 pm

If it is refused due to lack of documentation (i.e, not on immigration grounds), they will normally consider if you re-apply by providing the documentation asked for. In your case, provide documents showing running the business being delegated to other staff by means of documental proof (e.g power of attorney regd etc)
It is advised no to mention anything about your state (health, pregnancy etc) in your sponsorship/invitation l;etter. A family get together and touring will suite and will be acceptable for the purpose.
durgadr wrote:I have applied for family visitor visa for my parents to UK.both myself and my brother live in UK, so they refused the visa twice on the basis of inadequate documents,stating that who will take care of the business in their absence for 6 months.Since i am due to deliver in couple of weeks iam planning to apply visa for my mother alone for the 3 rd time. i Hve not mentioned about my pregnancy in the previous 2 application.
my query is,1. can i mention that iam pregnant when iam applying for my mother?
2. do i have to show the same documents what i produced (business deeds)for both my parents? or should i just show that she is a housewife and apply??

durgadr
Newly Registered

visa refusal

Post by durgadr » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:15 pm

Dear sir, when we applied for the 2 nd time for my parents we submitted all the necessary documents what they have asked for.(like lease agreement of the poultry business etc.) but then , they again raised the question of taking a break for 6 months, leaving the business behind is not credible.(though we produced lease documents for 6 mths)
my query is what do you mean by immigration grounds?
why should i not show that iam pregnant when i apply for the 3 rd time for my mother?( i have letter from gp and my midwife)i am desperate to have my mother here!
please help me with this?

pencillin

Post by pencillin » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:54 pm

You shouldn't have stated that they're going to stay for 6 months, They'd issue them a 6 months visa even if you say they're going to send only one month.

philgeorge999

Re: visa refusal

Post by philgeorge999 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:09 pm

I would say that if you apply for just your mother to visit you, then you would normally be OK provided there is evidence she will return (e.g. she is married and has family and a business there, with her husband will manage in her absence). However the complication is that she has now been denied a visa twice and this will naturally adversely affect a future application. I think you should involve an immigration solicitor at this stage. In future, do not ever submit a visa application if there are any grounds that they may reject it.

durgadr wrote:Dear sir, when we applied for the 2 nd time for my parents we submitted all the necessary documents what they have asked for.(like lease agreement of the poultry business etc.) but then , they again raised the question of taking a break for 6 months, leaving the business behind is not credible.(though we produced lease documents for 6 mths)
my query is what do you mean by immigration grounds?
why should i not show that iam pregnant when i apply for the 3 rd time for my mother?( i have letter from gp and my midwife)i am desperate to have my mother here!

vin123
Member of Standing

Re: visa refusal

Post by vin123 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:13 pm

durgadr wrote:my query is what do you mean by immigration grounds?
By immigration grounds I mean circumstances of an individual applying for a visa that could potentially lead to a change in his/her immigration status after arrival. Or in other words, embassy officer needs to get absolutely convinced that a visitor stays as a "visitor" and returns before his/her visa expires. To put in plain "immigration system abuse" context, he or she will not turn into marriable item/source or work seeking individual or as an in-country refugee or asylum seeker after 6 or 12 months.
I can very safely assume that your parents are no fit in any of the above category, but officers at the embassy form the basis of the decision based on info on paperworks.
durgadr wrote: why should i not show that iam pregnant when i apply for the 3 rd time for my mother?( i have letter from gp and my midwife)i am desperate to have my mother here!
I thought you are planning to re-apply 2nd time.
Of course, you need your mother here. But why should the embassy officer think the same ?. In UK, there are hundreds of women giving birth to their babies everyday even without a husband !. So in my opinion, mentioning this certainly and unnecessarily 'expose' a huge culture gap.
Though there is nothing wrong, sometimes 'keeping it quiet' on such things will turn out more beneficial than shouting the truth, so it is safe to refrain from doing so. Hope you get that point.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:52 pm

I totally disagree, and think that you should send evidence of the pregnancy. I think it will help them to understand why you want your mother with you, and will mean they are less likely to think she is coming to work.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:41 pm

Surprised to see this comment below (especially from someone with such a signature).
May be you are not aware of cases were mother's visa was refused due to some visa officer classifying tourist visa applications as long term "baby sitting". This was indeed classified as coming to work.

Pregnancy & delivery is just a matter of few hours, where as 6 months full time baby sitting is around £7K to £9K loss to the local labour market - e.g a professional baby sitter or for someone running a day nursery.

I still stick to my original advice - sometimes you are better off keeping certain truth to yourself.

VictoriaS wrote:I totally disagree, and think that you should send evidence of the pregnancy. I think it will help them to understand why you want your mother with you, and will mean they are less likely to think she is coming to work.

Victoria

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:20 pm

There is no suggestion that she wants her mother here to look after the baby, but just that she want her mother with her for the late stages of the pregnancy and in the weeks following the birth. I have recently been successful in getting visit visas for just this reason, with no question.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:08 pm

Most women want their Mum around or present at times of birth.... for support and comfort... surely compassion can come into these visa application decisions, and not always look for the negative sides, so what if the mother does babysitt for a while. The economy would not gain or lose if the woman would not leave the baby with someone else other than her own Mum.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:51 pm

My experience in a similar situation was that the ECO in my home country claimed my Mom's intention to come to the UK was suspected as being for childcare reasons and therefore trying to "circumvent the immigration laws" whatever that means. However on appeal, the judge specifically noted in his decision that nothing is wrong with asking your mother to help with childcare (temporarily of course!). Moral of the story - stating you are pregnant may or may not help, it depends on the reasonableness of the ECO. I think an appeal of a rejection on those grounds would be successful but of course you want her here soon and appeals take months.
'In everything give thanks'

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:04 pm

My advice would be to specify that the mother is not being asked over to care for the child in anyway.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:07 pm

A tourist visa is granted to anyone on the basis of a) invitation b) sponsorship c) prior statuses or a combination of all three, accompanied by the required docs.

Since OP's case comes under sponsorship or invitation, it is advisable not to leave any room for interpretation by adding extra literature of mother care or the need of parental proximity at the time of giving birth.
Keep it plain and simple; fill up the docs, attach relevant docs, and submit it and wait for approval.

The more you attempt to polish it and clip it with so called "expert advices", chances of getting the broth spoilt is more, and at the end of the day its just a waste of money and time.

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:05 pm

The thing is they tried that already and got refused, maybe giving an insight into why they would like the Mum to visit could help the cause.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:38 pm

And this application will be less likely to be refused if it is for the mum alone.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!