ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering a Child on Form MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rizcon

Registering a Child on Form MN1

Post by Rizcon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:34 am

Hello,

I recently got my ILR and want to register my child using form MN1.
My child was born in UK and had a dependent visa which expired few months ago. My solicitor told me at the time of sending my ILR application that once I get ILR, I will be able to register him on MN1 and there is no need to extend his visa.So,I didn't extend his visa as advised by the solicitor. I got ILR on 10 year long residence.
I was about to send his form, but one of my friend just told me that the child must have valid visa otherwise he will be considered as illegal as he had the visa in the past and HO will refuse his application.
I'm shocked after hearing all this. Could you please tell me what to do now?

vinny

Re: Registering a Child on Form MN1

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:59 am

Are you asking about a different child than from previously?

If this child was born in the UK and is under 10, then he should be okay, as he won't be subject to the Good Character requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.