ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 application retained

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raj84939
Newly Registered

Tier 2 application retained

Post by raj84939 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:43 pm

Hello Sr members

I had a pretty stressful day today. I was changing my Tier 2 visa over from my current employer to a new employer. Today I was at Home Office as part of Premium service - where the decision is taken on same day. My document submission and biometric test took place without any issue. My solicitor just informed me that my application has been retained so that the Home office could carry out further checks.

I am at a complete loss to understand what could have warranted such a response from Home Office. I'd realy appreciate if sr members could please help me understand what could possibly be going on in Home Office's mind.

Regards
Raj

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 application retained

Post by iworker » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:24 am

most likely is that they wanted to make sure the RLMT was correctly done.. Other reasons could be he duties mentioned in the cos by the employer are not matching the soc code and the caseworker wanted a clarification.

raj84939
Newly Registered

Post by raj84939 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:37 am

Thanks for your reply....May I know how much time they will take to verify and come on final decision as i wanted to join new employer asap.
Also how they will verify this thing...will they ask question to my new employer

raj84939
Newly Registered

Post by raj84939 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:40 pm

Folks,
Still i waiting for decision from home office. Its been already 3 weeks when i went for premium service of Tier2 visa - employer switch category.

Can any member let me know how much more time required by the Home office to come on some decision on my application

Thanks

raj84939
Newly Registered

Post by raj84939 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi Senior members,

Please reply...I have not got any news from home office till now after they retained my visa, how ever i went for premium service and they have to take decision on same day and my application was in tier -2 employer change category.

Its been 5 week but no news i got from home office

please any one let me know how much time they would take to decision and what verification they are doing

Thanks

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:45 am

Hello , I don't think anyone could tell you how long would your papers be retained by the home office.It really depends on the complexity they think is attached to your application. Have you tried contacting them at any point.
raj84939 wrote:Hi Senior members,

Please reply...I have not got any news from home office till now after they retained my visa, how ever i went for premium service and they have to take decision on same day and my application was in tier -2 employer change category.

Its been 5 week but no news i got from home office

please any one let me know how much time they would take to decision and what verification they are doing

Thanks

raj84939
Newly Registered

Post by raj84939 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Yes, I contacted them personally first but they provide one telephone number to check.

After that i called on telephone number and try to find my status , but person who is looking my application he said he will give priority on my application and come on some status asap

and its been 2 week almost after that but no response from home office till now

What to do i don't know really and its frustrating situation for me.