ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed (ILR)Difference in payslip vs actual withdrawa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keepsmilinyaar
United Kingdom

Self Employed (ILR)Difference in payslip vs actual withdrawa

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:52 pm

HI,
Hoping anyone can help here.
I had setup a direct debit from my company account for my salary and this was the tax efficient salary of 663 for year 2014-15, and I didnt change until last month (which is when i realised it was wrong). My payslips were being generated via the online accountancy system and was being filed with HMRC with the new tax efficient salary of 671. So here lies the discrepancy. My company and personal statements will show £663 while my payslips from Apr-15 onwards until Aug-15 will show £671. I have added a dividend payment to my previous earnings making my total salary more than £50,000 so technically dont really need the Apr-15 to Aug-15 salary earnings to qualify. But am not sure whether I should include it or not, because when the caseworker will look at my personal and company statements they might feel something amiss.

Can you advise what is the best possible approach ?
1. Should this discrepancy reflect in my accountant's letter ?
2. If my accountant disagrees (as theortically i can do whatever with my business account until the time of company account filing) - can i add this discrepancy to the cover letter myself ?

Any other thoughts ??

thank you for your help in advance.

Regards
Rahul

jibri
BANNED

Re: Self Employed (ILR)Difference in payslip vs actual withd

Post by jibri » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:13 pm

I have seen many cases where salary withdrawal were different from actual figures submitted to HMRC, even the payment date were different and withdrawl date different. Just transfer the difference from business to personal account with reference as balancing salary payment. should be ok

keepsmilinyaar
United Kingdom

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:23 pm

Thanks jibri for this really really quick response.

Would you think it's even worth a mention on the cover letter ?or leave it ?

Regards
Rahul

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:34 pm

If you saying you don't really need the salary for the month in question, I don't think you should mention it in letter. are you sending these payslips ?

smeer123
Newly Registered

Post by smeer123 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:57 pm

jibri wrote:If you saying you don't really need the salary for the month I don't think you should mention it in letter. are you sending these payslips ?
U r right.....cw r not much qualified outside their guidelines.....so giving unnecessary explanation leads confusion for cw.....u dont need to explain any payment entry which u r not claiming towards ur income band....thanks

keepsmilinyaar
United Kingdom

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:35 am

I was planning to send all payslips only because I thought they might wonder. But since I don't need to claim I will not mention it .

Thanks for all your help.

Rahul