ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Further Leave to Remain - Financial Threshold

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wooders
Newly Registered

Further Leave to Remain - Financial Threshold

Post by Wooders » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Hello folks,
My wife and I are due to apply for her FLR (M) at the beginning of next year and all is on track with regards to having all the necessary information and criteria in place.
However, given the volatility in the jobs market for everyone does anyone know what would happen if the sponsor lost their job in the run up to the application date and did not have an income or the required savings (an astronomical £62500) at that particular time?
Also, in this circumstance, would the fact that a child having been born here between the couple have any bearing on the application?
Would be interested to hear from anyone on this.
Many thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Further Leave to Remain - Financial Threshold

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Generally FLR(FP) would be issued which would grant a longer route to permanent settlement.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wooders
Newly Registered

Post by Wooders » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:30 am

Thanks Casa!
I take it the FLR (M) is still the correct form to apply with as things stand? If they change as described in my original post would I still need to use the FLR (M) form initially or do I go straight to the FLR (FP) without any direction from immigraton?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:40 am

Yes, FLR(M). I believe if you submit an FLR(M) application and are unable to meet the financial conditions, the case worker would take into consideration the fact that you have a child and issue FLR(FP) at their discretion.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.