ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I be sponsored as family?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

YasmimGrandona
Newly Registered

Can I be sponsored as family?

Post by YasmimGrandona » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi All,
Well, after reading the posts I have realised that I am not alone on thinking how confusing, and sometimes incomplete, the information about Family Visa is provided. :lol:
I am studying in London under a Tier 4 visa, and my mom has an Indefinite Leave to Remain as she is married to a British and is living here for more than 10 years. I would like to know If I might be eligible for the " Apply to remain with family". I tried to find a proper Policy Guidance, as I did for Tier 4, and couldn't find anything clear.
If someone could help me with any information I would be very thankful.

Thank you!
Yasmim R.

kingin2015

Re: Apply to remain in the UK with family - Question

Post by kingin2015 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:42 pm

YasmimGrandona wrote:Hi All,
Well, after reading the posts I have realised that I am not alone on thinking how confusing, and sometimes incomplete, the information about Family Visa is provided. :lol:
I am studying in London under a Tier 4 visa, and my mom has an Indefinite Leave to Remain as she is married to a British and is living here for more than 10 years. I would like to know If I might be eligible for the " Apply to remain with family". I tried to find a proper Policy Guidance, as I did for Tier 4, and couldn't find anything clear.
If someone could help me with any information I would be very thankful.

Thank you!
Yasmim R.
well i am not too sure but i dont think there is any route for your situation other than family visit visa. Once you are over 18, you can not be beneficiary of your parent's settle status.