ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overtime advise plz!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

underfire222

Overtime advise plz!!

Post by underfire222 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:33 pm

Hi guys,

I'm currently on a tier 2 visa general, working as a Doctor in critical care which requires 24 hour staffing. Due to shortage of staff, I am asked numerous times by the management of the hospital (that sponsors my visa) to do overtime hours (which I am paid for as a wait list initiative).

I understand you are only allowed to work 20 hours a week if you doing locums for another job on Tier 2 visa.

Queston 1, Is there a limit on the number of hours a week, overtime, I can work for the same hospital that sponsors my visa and doing the same job as per my COS? (regarding the UKBA)

Question 2.Also when I get paid my overtime, I am paid as a wait list initiative where they add up all the overtime hours I did over the month and pay me one sum of money. Is that ok?

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Overtime advise plz!!

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:12 am

1. No. If you wish to you may work 24 * 7 everyday.
2. Yes. Home Office is not worried if you are paid more than what your CoS states, they get worried when employers do not pay the migrant what employers promised when sponsoring the migrant.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:04 pm

thank u very much

Ghey2
Newly Registered

Post by Ghey2 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:57 pm

Hi there. I am just wondering if we have the same situation. I am a under T2G and I just want to know if I am working for my sponsor is there a limit on the overtime I can do? I am worried that it might affect my ILR application if I work overtime on my main sponsor and do shifts on a 2nd job under the same job description (I understand that on the 2nd job there is a limit).

Thanks very much guys.