ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Adult Passport application query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tulip11

First Adult Passport application query

Post by tulip11 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:01 pm

hi

This month I am going to apply for my first British passport . I am thinking to apply through post check and send method. I have few queries regarding this. Like after few days I will get my British citizenship certificate so can I get the passport application form from post office before hand fill it and then when i get the certificate i will send it. If anyone out there applied through post check and send method please tell me exactly whats the procedure ? Thanks in advance.
sorry admins if someone posted the same topic earlier . I searched a lot but couldn't find it so that's why i posted separately.

noajthan

Re: First Adult Passport application query

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:20 pm

tulip11 wrote:hi

This month I am going to apply for my first British passport . I am thinking to apply through post check and send method. I have few queries regarding this. Like after few days I will get my British citizenship certificate so can I get the passport application form from post office before hand fill it and then when i get the certificate i will send it. If anyone out there applied through post check and send method please tell me exactly whats the procedure ? Thanks in advance.
sorry admins if someone posted the same topic earlier . I searched a lot but couldn't find it so that's why i posted separately.
This should get you started:
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/passport-check-send
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:24 pm

Thanks heaps Noajthan :)

Garbati
Newly Registered

Post by Garbati » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:04 pm

I got my certificate today and will apply through passport check and send hopefully before the end of the week. I will give you feedback. However, what I find intriguing is that some post office ask for Grand parent details (date of birth and so on) while some don't. For me, I havent got any information my g. parents and I will see how this will pan out.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:32 pm

If you read the booklet what you get with the form it does say you do need your parents' details! So everyone should follow the guidance

I wouldn't recommend check and send service anyway. I used it for the first time for my son and there were 2 mistakes in it what they did not say so needed to send a new form anyway.
It is not that hard to fill that form in so save yourself £8 :lol: 8)
If you filled in the AN form by yourself you can do this too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Your parents' details are needed, not your grandparents'.

Also see http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 93181.html