ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit to Switzerland

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sudhy6
Newly Registered

Visit to Switzerland

Post by sudhy6 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:55 pm

Hi there,

My husband and I are both from Mauritius. My husband is here on a work-permit and am his dependant. our visas expires in May 2008. But we would like to visit switzerland in November. We will be staying with my Aunty during the trip who will be providing us with an invitation letter. I heard that if you have a visa for the UK you do not need one for switzerland, is that correct? Can anybody please advise us?

Regards

peca
Newly Registered

Post by peca » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:48 pm

You don't need visa for Switzerland if you are on work permit. I went for a skiing last year and I am on work permit.

vinny

Re: Visit to Switzerland

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:21 am

sudhy6 wrote:Hi there,

My husband and I are both from Mauritius. My husband is here on a work-permit and am his dependant. our visas expires in May 2008. But we would like to visit switzerland in November. We will be staying with my Aunty during the trip who will be providing us with an invitation letter. I heard that if you have a visa for the UK you do not need one for switzerland, is that correct? Can anybody please advise us?

Regards
See also ID and Visa provisions for entry, List 3: Residence documents that are admitted for entry into Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein without a visa List and Grossbritanien/Royaume-uni/Regno Unito/United Kingdom.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:05 am

Hi Sudhy6,
Yes you want need a visa to visit Switzerland if you fly directly, but if you are planing to go overland via France you will need a Schengen visa.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:41 am

Siggi wrote:Hi Sudhy6,
Yes you want need a visa to visit Switzerland if you fly directly, but if you are planing to go overland via France you will need a Schengen visa.
That's right - or indeed if you plan to go out of Switzerland on a side trip while you're there: although border controls are sporadic and spare, it's probably not worth risking it. But from your post it sounds as if you might be flying to Switzerland and spending all your time there...