ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed for an MN1 application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

liquidweb

Help needed for an MN1 application

Post by liquidweb » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi guys, I need some assistance for a friend of mine who has been recently naturalised as a BC. Her daughter has spent 5 years in this country along with her. However, is currently move to France for university studies this month. She is still under 18 but will be 18 in April 2016. Can she still apply for BC with MN1 right now if she moves to France for higher studies? Any help is greatly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help needed for an MN1 application

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:43 pm

Does she have ILR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:34 pm

liquidweb wrote:Hi guys, I need some assistance for a friend of mine who has been recently naturalised as a BC. Her daughter has spent 5 years in this country along with her. However, is currently move to France for university studies this month. She is still under 18 but will be 18 in April 2016. Can she still apply for BC with MN1 right now if she moves to France for higher studies? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Assuming minor was born abroad (is that correct?), what is (immigration) status of other parent?

What is long term plan of applicant re country of residence?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

liquidweb

Post by liquidweb » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:09 pm

CR001 wrote:Does she have ILR?
No. Basically mom and the applicant are from EEA. Mom became BC recently.

liquidweb

Post by liquidweb » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:10 pm

noajthan wrote:
liquidweb wrote:Hi guys, I need some assistance for a friend of mine who has been recently naturalised as a BC. Her daughter has spent 5 years in this country along with her. However, is currently move to France for university studies this month. She is still under 18 but will be 18 in April 2016. Can she still apply for BC with MN1 right now if she moves to France for higher studies? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Assuming minor was born abroad (is that correct?), what is (immigration) status of other parent?

Other parent is EEA.

What is long term plan of applicant re country of residence?
To come back to UK after completing studies in France.