ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification needed: Travel for child with BC application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

herschey
Newly Registered

Clarification needed: Travel for child with BC application

Post by herschey » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:31 pm

I've read through the FAQ and posts but want to clarify travel permitted for a British Citizenship registration application that is pending.

My children were both born in the UK. My wife and I have just gotten our ILR and so my children are now eligible to become citizens by registrations using the MN1 application. My family were hoping to travel Oct 24. My children's BRP (acquired as Tier 1 dependents) expires Oct 22. If I apply through a NCS then all documents are returned as I understand it. However, the travel date is after the expiration of the current Visa of my children. I didn't want to waste thousands of pounds applying for ILR for my children just to facilitate travel, knowing that they would be eligible for citizenship (which has not insignificant fees as well).

So the question is: once we submit the application for registration (MN1) for my children via a NCS, can they travel or will they be considered as not having the right to reenter the UK as their visas will have expired, even though they have a BC application pending?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Clarification needed: Travel for child with BC applicati

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:43 pm

they be considered as not having the right to reenter the UK as their visas will have expired
They are only BC once approved and the certificate of registration received.

They will need visas to re-enter the UK or postpone your travel (I see it is over half term that you wish to travel).

Also bear in mind that all citizenship applicants have to submit biometrics when the HO sends the letters requesting them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.