ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Peo appt without passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Majidkhan
Newly Registered

Peo appt without passport

Post by Majidkhan » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:38 pm

my ILR application was refused on 24/08/15 after i applied at peo before that. They returned my documenta howver did not return my passport as visa expires on 2/8/15 i belive i have 28 days to reapply from 24/8/15. Question i have is i hav booked an appoinmnt at local PEO. my application is straight forward however i have no passport as this was not returned to me. Will i be seen on the day without my passpprt

AUHS
Member of Standing

Re: Peo appt without passport

Post by AUHS » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:06 am

Why your application was refused/ which category you was on !!

Can you provide more details !!so any body can answer you accordingly .

Majidkhan
Newly Registered

Post by Majidkhan » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:26 am

Basically i attended the peo on 21/7/15to apply for ILR remain however i had not taken the b1 language test. So on the day my ILR application was refused and thy offered me a 2 year limited leave to remain based upon paying the nhs surcharge. I took the test the next day on 22/7/15 hoping thy would accept this certifiacte as part of my ILR application as home office advised me that it was up to the case worker as its already been refused. I visited the PEO on 23/7/15 with the certificate and the case worker said she could not accept this. We decided to put in fresh application as we had all the documents however the case worker said she could not release my document till a certain date and then to make a fresh application. I awaited the documents. And on 24/8/15 they was returned to me witout my passport as my visa had expired on 2/8/15. Thr was a refusal letter with the documents to say made application for ILR howver we offered you two year granted leave to remain however as you did not pay the nhs surcharge we have made u application in valid and you can no longer work as you have no visa. I belive i have 28 days from 24/8/15 to put in a fresh application i want to do it through the local peo again and have booked appt for next week. Will i be seen without a passport. All my documents was there jus not passport

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:42 am

The case worker at the PEO won't have to authority to process your application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Majidkhan
Newly Registered

Post by Majidkhan » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:53 am

So if i attend my appt on the day would my caee be refused because i have no passport please post replys

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:59 am

Probably. It's not simply due to the fact that you don't have your passport. You've been informed that you now have no valid visa as you failed to meet the conditions for the FLR visa and your case isn't as straightforward as you believe. At best, it would be passed to a high level of seniority for a decision and your application will join the postal queue for the premium fee. A PEO (now re-named PSC) application can only be considered on the day if there are no issues calling for further checks and consideration by a senior case worker.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.