ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shah1234

Please help!

Post by Shah1234 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:19 pm

Hi All,

Need your opinion.

I am in Tier 1 General visa and my ILR is due in December this year (5 years route)... no problems here.

My wife is on PBS Dependant visa. But her ILR is due in March 2018.

My wife is planning to go to India as she wants to do some professional training so that she is more employable in UK. Her plan is to be in India for 1 year.

Question: will this 1 year gap in UK impact her ILR application in 2018?....She is in UK since April 2013. Planning to go to India now and return back in April 2016.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Please help!

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:46 pm

No problem, as long as her current leave doesn't expire while she is outside UK and she returns to UK on a new entry clearance.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:21 pm

sushdmehta wrote:No problem, as long as her current leave doesn't expire while she is outside UK and she returns to UK on a new entry clearance.
Whilst agreeing with your response sushdmehta, you have provided no documentary evidence to back up your claim. Is the OP here to just take your word for it ?

Not trying to act smart here or question your knowledge on immigration matters, but humbly pointing out, is it not your practice to point people to documenrary links leading them to answers instead giving them a yes/no answer, like you had pointed out here.
Cheers,
OR

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:27 pm

O_Relly,

Looks like you felt offended by my post in the topic you provide the link for!
None was intended. My apologies if you felt so!

The dig was aimed at the OP (of that linked topic) who has been hijacking topics with the same question time and again - and not you!
He would have continued to do so (in my opinion) unless told off.
Perhaps my mistake that I referred to you in doing so.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks sushdmehta for the clarification. No offense taken at all, it was just a wee niggle that I wanted to clarify.

And agree with you, the forum and some new posters do need this level of moderation and its not an easy task ☺
Cheers,
OR