ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Verification check compulsory

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmppune

Is Verification check compulsory

Post by hsmppune » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:31 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to provide details of my last 3 employers with my HSMP application. I have the following issues with the same:

1) My present employer does not know about my application yet, and I am not too comfortable disclosing my plans as of now. HSMP is a risky affair, you might not get an approval, and even if you get it you never know when you will land up with a job. So I do not want to take this unnecessary risk.

2) My previous employers might not be so forthcoming if asked questions about my compensation etc. What exactly are the set of questions put forth by the home office to the employer?

3) My previous employers might not really remember me when mentioned by the home office at "runtime". So they might not be able to confirm my employment and other details. What is the format of communication between the home office and the employer, is it telephonic or written?

4) This is for people who already have their HSMP application approved. What are the chances of the home office really calling up your employer?

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Harsh

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:56 pm

Hi Harsh,

I haven't seen HO contacting your employer while processing your HSMP application though this is done when you apply for EC wherein Integra checks your employers with whom you have worked in past one year.

Regards,

hsmppune

Thanks

Post by hsmppune » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:11 pm

Hi ambitions_high,

Thanks for your response.

This issue is really getting me worried. Can senior members please comment on this? Is there a way to come up with a poll of how many people actually had the home office calling their employees and what are the question they generally seek answers to?

Thanks and Regards

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Thanks

Post by pantaiema » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:04 pm

Your application shall be verifiable, it is stated on the guidance. Therefore if you submit your application you shall be aware that they might contact your employers. Browse this forum from to date to a few years back you will see that they do use professional verification agent to verify the documents on case per case basis.

Put your selves into CW shoes. If the document can not be verified how could you know that the attached document is genuine ?. People might get the required documents by various mean.

hsmppune wrote:Hi ambitions_high,

Thanks for your response.

This issue is really getting me worried. Can senior members please comment on this? Is there a way to come up with a poll of how many people actually had the home office calling their employees and what are the question they generally seek answers to?

Thanks and Regards
Last edited by pantaiema on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pantaiema

ajaysharmanyc2006

verification with your present employer

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:50 am

Hi,

You can inform your present employer that someone may call to verify your employment status regarding a loan you are planning to get from a bank.
I had used this excuse during my last job change when the verification agency hired by new employer accidentally called up my HR to verify my employment status.
Normally, I refrain from telling lies but white lies once in a while is OK since you are duping your employer.

take care,

ajay